Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 1/24

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM
  • 20 Replies

What was the last thing you baked? Was it for a particular occasion, or just for enjoying around the house?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teaguen
by teaguen on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Our oven was broke and repair man came yesterday.  So we made baked potatoes - does that count?

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:51 AM

It totally counts -- they have "baked" right in the name! :) Glad you were able to get your oven fixed, I can imagine that it was challenging to have it broken...

Quoting teaguen:

Our oven was broke and repair man came yesterday.  So we made baked potatoes - does that count?

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

apple crips with melted vanilla icecream on top..

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Oh my goodness, can I please invite myself over? Yummm...

Quoting aprilz1225:

FlyingMommy747
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

We bake/roast chicken several times a week, it is kinda a staple at my house.

bekalynne440
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

This morning I made egg McMuffins in the oven.  I'm not sure if that counts, lol.  We're trying to make our own "convenience" foods rather than buying overpriced, processed crap, so I made up 2 dozen.  We had some for breakfast and the rest are in the freezer.

I need to bake some more bread.  I used to bake some regularly, but have gotten away from it.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Can you share your recipe? That sounds like something that would be really popular around my house...

Quoting bekalynne440:

This morning I made egg McMuffins in the oven.  I'm not sure if that counts, lol.  We're trying to make our own "convenience" foods rather than buying overpriced, processed crap, so I made up 2 dozen.  We had some for breakfast and the rest are in the freezer.

I need to bake some more bread.  I used to bake some regularly, but have gotten away from it.

bekalynne440
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
There's no real recipe. I used 2 muffin pans, put bacon in the bottom of each cup then added in uncooked scrambled eggs. I cooked that at 375 for 12 minutes. When its done put it on an English muffin (toasted if you prefer) with some cheese.

ETA: You can also use ham instead of bacon. To freeze them just wrap them individually in Saran Wrap.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Can you share your recipe? That sounds like something that would be really popular around my house...

Quoting bekalynne440:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mweddle
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM

hahahaha.....Pizza rolls.  My son LOVES pizza rolls so we indulged him.  I had never bought those things until he came to live with us.  haha.  Both the kids really enjoyed them. 

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Oh my goodness, can I please invite myself over? Yummm...

Quoting aprilz1225:

any time our door is always open. we can build legos too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)