Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

I thought this might be fun to remember...

Posted by   + Show Post

Why did you initially decide to adopt?  What were your feelings?  When you saw your baby (or big kid!) for the first time what went through your mind? 

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Replies (21-22):
Mweddle
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

brought tears to my eyes.  <3

Quoting sweetnana1964:

It was over 18 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. My husband and I had been going through the CPS here in Texas AND a private adoption agency. We were working with a birth mother from the private agency who was 8 months pregnant. One night we get a call from CPS saying they have 4 we were working with a private agency and a birth  morther who was 8 months pregnant so I needed to talk to my husband, I really don't think she expected to hear back from us lol. My husband and I  talked about it and prayed about it. I finally just said "honey this birth mother will  not have any problem finding a good home for her little baby. But it is gona be extremely hard to place these four chldren together. We have always wanted a large family. I think we should adopt the siblings". He smiled and agreed. Our children had been in the same wonderful foster home for 21/2 years. The foster parents (especially the mother) did a wonderful job preparing the children to be adopted. The first time we actually saw our children was when we walked into the home of the foster parents,. The children were outside playing in a small pool. When my husband and I walked outside our youngest daughter who had just turned 4 comes running up to me with her arms stretched out  sayning "mommy mommy".  My eyes filled with tears as I reached down to pick her up.  I will never forget it. I realized at that moment we had made the right decision,

sweetnana1964
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Remembering it brought tears to mine. We have been through so much with our children but no matter how hard the times have gotten I will always believe we made the right decision. Thanks :)

Quoting Mweddle:

brought tears to my eyes.  <3

Quoting sweetnana1964:

It was over 18 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. My husband and I had been going through the CPS here in Texas AND a private adoption agency. We were working with a birth mother from the private agency who was 8 months pregnant. One night we get a call from CPS saying they have 4 we were working with a private agency and a birth  morther who was 8 months pregnant so I needed to talk to my husband, I really don't think she expected to hear back from us lol. My husband and I  talked about it and prayed about it. I finally just said "honey this birth mother will  not have any problem finding a good home for her little baby. But it is gona be extremely hard to place these four chldren together. We have always wanted a large family. I think we should adopt the siblings". He smiled and agreed. Our children had been in the same wonderful foster home for 21/2 years. The foster parents (especially the mother) did a wonderful job preparing the children to be adopted. The first time we actually saw our children was when we walked into the home of the foster parents,. The children were outside playing in a small pool. When my husband and I walked outside our youngest daughter who had just turned 4 comes running up to me with her arms stretched out  sayning "mommy mommy".  My eyes filled with tears as I reached down to pick her up.  I will never forget it. I realized at that moment we had made the right decision,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN