Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Adoption Day!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

After a LONG hard year and a half, our adoptions were final on Wednesday!  Meet my new daughters, Cynthia Issabelle Raley, and Selah Joy Raley!

For those who don't know our story, these two girls are the sisters of the boy in front in the blue shirt, our adopted son, Luke.  When the mothers rights were terminated on them, CPS called and asked if we were interested in adopting them. We were, and they put us in contact with the adoption agency who were in charge of the girls.  We went through the whole getting licensed and approved thing, the agency approved our homestudy and sent it to CPS, where we were denied because I am "too religious" for the older girl, they thought I wouldn't be able to handle any trouble she might have because of her abuse, and that she might not adjust to a headcovering, dress only, no tv family, homeschooling family.  About that time, they got kicked out of the foster home they were in, and they were put into another foster/adoptive home, with the goal of this home adopting them.  We were all HEARTBROKEN, including the girls.  CPS encouraged us to keep visiting them, because they wanted them to keep contact with their brother, so we did, even though it was very hard, because the little one, Selah, would cry and cry and beg me to keep her when we would see her.  I thought many times about NOT doing it anymore.

Then, when the six months was up, and it was time for the new family to adopt, they said they didn't want too, after all...

And we suddenly looked very good to CPS, because a 16 year old girl and her 6 year old sister are hard to place.

So we went through part of the whole process AGAIN, and this time, EVERYONE approved us, and now, they are OURS!

Carla Raley, wife of Bill, mom of 10, foster mom of more than 50
Visit my blogs for stories of the life of an older mom raising a large family, foster/adoption and homeschooling
http://raleyfamilysfarm.blogspot.com/

http://bookreviewsbycarla.blogspot.com/

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs momma! what a beautiful family!!!!  many prayers your way!

confused969
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Congratulations Carla.  It is so good to hear the adoption is finally complete after all the twists and turns along the way.  I can see Luke's "famous" smile on both of them.  I hope you are are doing well and this must be such a relief to finally have all the legal stuff done.

raleyfamily
by Carla on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Quoting confused969:

Congratulations Carla.  It is so good to hear the adoption is finally complete after all the twists and turns along the way.  I can see Luke's "famous" smile on both of them.  I hope you are are doing well and this must be such a relief to finally have all the legal stuff done.

It is!!  You can't imagine the relief it is!  We are so happy, and Wednesday was the most wonderful day.  We were at court at 8, had the adoption done by 9:30, went to the Fort Worth Water Gardens for pictures, then to Razzoos to lunch, then to my daughter's house, then to my mom's for cake.  Selah fell asleep in the car and I thought I would never get her out and up to bed!

Carla Raley, wife of Bill, mom of 10, foster mom of more than 50
Visit my blogs for stories of the life of an older mom raising a large family, foster/adoption and homeschooling
http://raleyfamilysfarm.blogspot.com/

http://bookreviewsbycarla.blogspot.com/

sweetnana1964
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

What a awesome story. Your family is gorgeous, and your new daughters are beautiful. Those young ladies are very BLESSED to  have you in their lives. Good luck and Congrats

you rock

Mystres
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Love it!

~~~~~~~
Find out about our adoption at our Facebook blog.
http://www.facebook.com/MJAdoptionBlog

In 2011 we decided to adopt.
In 2012 we got to take home our Lady Bug
Now in 2013 we will finalize our adoption.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Confused is so right about that smile... And it's such a great smile, too!

I saw this earlier today and was remembering how you said that you were fully relying on God to make the adoption happen if it was his will... He seems to have moved some pretty big mountains this time. No one could doubt that those girls were meant to be your daughters when all was said and done. Thank you for your testimony of faith and trust. I am looking forward to hearing about the next chapter of life on the Raley family farm!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chinadollmom23
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM

CONGRTAS! ! ! ! !congratulations

Mweddle
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM

congrats!

meam4444
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Congratulations!!!!! 

3mom627
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Great looking family. Congratulations.

3MOM627

have a nice day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)