Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Hello

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi! My name is Sarah. Ive been looking a lot into adoption. Ive been told I can not have anymore kids and my fiance and I have been looking into adoption. It has been heavy on my heart and Ive been doing so much research on it but still have no idea where to start or how to go about. Ive been hearing so much negative about the adoption agencies around my state, so I am kind of lost. Ive been a member of CafeMom and was talking to my fiance and it hit me that there was probably a group of moms that adopts. I thought it would be a good way to talk to other moms who have their own child and have adopted and get more insight on it and how to even start. 

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Hi Sarah, I'm also Sarah! :) Welcome to the group.

Can I ask if you are looking into private or foster care adoption? What negative things have you been hearing about the agencies in your state?

I adopted my now 5yo son from foster care this past summer... He was initially placed with us for foster care with the goal of returning to one of his biological parents, but that was unable to happen. He was with us for a little over two years before we finalized the adoption, and honestly, he is the light of our world. While it was an incredibly challenging journey, I know that we both would do it all again (and more) in a hearbeat if that's what it took to bring our son home to us.

So... That's a bit of my story. If you can let us know a little bit more about the type of adoption you're looking into, or if you're feeling wide open, the moms in this group have a variety of experiences and have been such a good resource for me and for others. :)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Hi there! Welcome to the group! 

I'm assuming that you are leaning towards Foster Care adoption from your post... there are plenty of moms that have adopted from foster care in this group. 

I'm Claire and I adopted from China so I'm not going to be much help for you unless you are going International. LOL 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

meam4444
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Welcome to the group!!!

eoewan
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Welcome Sarah! The ladies in this group are so lovely and supportive!

Gwen72
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Welcome to the group!

Mystres
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Hi Sarah!!

Well wecome,  we have alot of ladies here in all different stages of adoption.  All willing to give you help and insite.

Here is a link with helpful sites.  Adoption Links  Such as Agency Review sites, Home study info, ect.....

Also I would suggest getting the book The complete IDIOT'S Guide to  Adoption 
This book is a easy read, and Helpful in all areas. It will walk you through all the types of adoption (Agency, Foster, International) and (Open, Simi Open, Closed) How to pay for a adoption, ect......  Adoption Laws in different states.  Definately worth reading.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me. I am a open book and willing to help.

~~~~~~~
Find out about our adoption at our Facebook blog.
http://www.facebook.com/MJAdoptionBlog

In 2011 we decided to adopt.
In 2012 we got to take home our Lady Bug
Now in 2013 we will finalize our adoption.

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Please feel free to ask anything.. and welcome

msjoecool
by Crissy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Hi! I'm Crissy. DH and I are inactive foster parents. Between 2002 and 2011 we fostered eight (one twice) and adopted two. We do not have any bio children. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarah764
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Thank you for all the replies. It's nice to meet you all
dbra
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Hi Sarah!

i was not able to have more children after three birth children (now 32,31). I was also divorced from their father when they were very little. I remarried seven yrs ago (after being divorced for 30) and my husband and I decided to pursue fostercare. So far we have adopted one little one, now 19 months old. 

From that perspective, allow me to say I love my little adopted one with every heart, every tear, every laugh and joy as I did my birth kids! Every morning when she exclaims "Hi Baby!" as I come into her bedroom I'm reminded how incredibly fortunate, loved and blessed I am!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN