Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Five years to get placed! She is one month today.

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 16 Replies

My husband and I have been trying to adopt an infant for five years. On January 2nd I got THE CALL  saying we were placed with a baby girl and to come pick her up.  We had absolutely nothing for a baby, so we requested the weekend (which they granted) and we picked her up on Tuesday January 8th.  We have settled in and Angie turned one month old today.  Can't wait till she is out of the fussy stage.  How long does that last? 

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

lol... that mom is the billion dollar quesstion.. is she always fussy at a certain part of the day or just in general. I had cholic for 6 months as a baby.  Glad to see your post... I thought going on 2 yrs. waiting was hard. Good luck!

sweetnana1964
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM

So happy for you. Congrats.

its a girl

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Best wishes with your little one!

I think April gave great advice about fussing, different kids fuss for different reasons... If you can track when it happens, it might help you figure out what she's dealing with.

harmony7
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM
5 moms liked this

congratulations!

How long does the fussy stage last for a girl? oh lets see mine is 27..and we are still there! :)

enjoy her every precious cry passes too soon!

chinadollmom23
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:04 PM

CONGRATS! ! !its a girlcongratulationsbaby girl

lilsweetpea708
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:37 PM
3 moms liked this
Congrats! Get the miracle blanket. Its a swaddling blanket that really does work miracles! And try not to say I can't wait for her to be out of any stage....you waited 5 years and let me tell ya, they grow WAY to FAST!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eoewan
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Congratulations!!! What a joyous happy time for you and your family.

cheers, donna

dbra
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

" How long does that last? "

18 years. Lol!

I love swaddling, it works like a charm, wearing baby in a sling or wrap until she feels secure. I unscrew light bulbs all around the house to keep light as dim as we can tolerate. I also give her a consistent smell, I stop using perfume (maybe a teeny tiny bit, mine is very soft) and use a chamomile or lavender lotion on both her and myself (organic, I love Hugo Baby or Burt's Bees). I also make sure the temperature is consistent in our home and reduce noise.

if you have anything she came with that you haven't laundered, keep it on or by her ( in a safe way). It will have a familiar smell.

Also, making eye contact can freak some babies out. I let them do it in their time.

AND CONGRATULATIONS MAMA!

giving mom gift

Mystres
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Oh yes, what every one said.  It depends on the baby.  My baby girl is not fussy at all, and never has been.  I think she has only had one Fuzzy fit and that was and is now.  She is teething.  So it is to be expected.

Enjoy everythign with her.   because in a few monts as you come up on Finalization you will be thinking OMG she is so big, how did that happen in such a small time frame.

~~~~~~~
Find out about our adoption at our Facebook blog.
http://www.facebook.com/MJAdoptionBlog

In 2011 we decided to adopt.
In 2012 we got to take home our Lady Bug
Now in 2013 we will finalize our adoption.

meam4444
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Congratulations!!!

As far as fussyness goes, does she spit up a lot (which could be acid reflux)? When is she the most fussy?  Do you think its gas?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN