Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Five years to get placed! She is one month today.

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband and I have been trying to adopt an infant for five years. On January 2nd I got THE CALL  saying we were placed with a baby girl and to come pick her up.  We had absolutely nothing for a baby, so we requested the weekend (which they granted) and we picked her up on Tuesday January 8th.  We have settled in and Angie turned one month old today.  Can't wait till she is out of the fussy stage.  How long does that last? 

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Replies (11-16):
Music182013
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

She is most fussy between 7pm and 1am!  We do keep it between 73 and 75 degrees in her room.  The basement is always cooler so we got a space heater and it is working very well. Thank you all for your comments and well wishes.  My mother-in-law has been a great help and is very happy to have another grand baby, she now has four.  My mom has not yet met her only grand child and is eager to do so. 

holland0226
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:34 PM

You are so lucky and Blessed, enjoy every minute even the fussy times when you look back you'll miss the infant stage I do! I WISH we could have gotten an infant but it wasnty in the cards, so enjoy for me too! This too shall pass, you'll find yourself saying this often even as they grow older!

(My dughter was fussy for the first eight months and then she was the most fun adorable child ever. Now she's 7 and I repeat this too shall pass almost every day! LOL!)

Our second daughter just came to us this summer at 5 years old and it's been tough. I know God has a plan for us.

Music182013
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I wish you luck with both of yours.  For the record I didn't want an infant, my husband insisted on one.  I wanted a toddler! 

whilewewait
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!  We have been trying to adopt for almost 5 years with no luck so your story is encouraging to me. 

Music182013
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting whilewewait:

Congratulations!  We have been trying to adopt for almost 5 years with no luck so your story is encouraging to me. 

It happened very quickly, so be ready for anything.  Just don't put your lives on hold.  We used our five years to go on some very nice vacations, and the last one meant the world to me as we went back to my childhood home.  

God Bless, Kim 

mommy2kaelynn
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Congratulations!!! Enjoy every second, and don't worry, the fussiness will come and go!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)