Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excited or concerned? She slept SIX HOURS!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 24 Replies

Angie slept for almost six hours last night. She is almost five weeks.  Is it a good thing that she is starting to sleep longer? Or should I be concerned because she skipped a feeding while in a growth spirt?  Opinions anyone. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kinshipcaremama
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM
3 moms liked this
Never wake a sleeping baby!!!! Don't worry about the feeding. She will make up for it during the day. Congratulations on your first "full nights" sleep. Here's hoping for another one tonight.
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

they will wake up when they need something! enjoy the sleep!!! doc told us not wake them up.. it's just her time for a good sleeping patern.  if she had a fever then MAYBE a SLIGHT concern. every three months since the day he was born (now 7 yrs) eats like a horse and sleeps in or goes to bed early, he puts on a pound and shoots up an inch. but i would just bask in the luck of a sleeping baby and have a glass of wine to celebrate;lol.

twinmom86
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd is going to be 3 weeks tomorrow. She already has one time at night where she sleeps 5 hours. Her dr said its normal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Music182013
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM

That sounds wonderful. I happen to have a bottle in the fridge that a customer got me for Christmas! 

Mystres
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Yah be happy you can get a littlemore sleep.  at 8 weeks my bug started sleeping 6 hours.  10pm - 4am

now at 5 months she is sleeping 930/10pm - 630am when I wake her to have a bottle as i get ready for work.

~~~~~~~
Find out about our adoption at our Facebook blog.
http://www.facebook.com/MJAdoptionBlog

In 2011 we decided to adopt.
In 2012 we got to take home our Lady Bug
Now in 2013 we will finalize our adoption.

meam4444
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I agree--never wake a sleeping baby.  No worries at all...she will wake when her body tells her to eat too.

meam4444
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:06 AM

^Just to add, sleeping is an important part of growth spurts too

sweetnana1964
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I agree

Quoting kinshipcaremama:

Never wake a sleeping baby!!!! Don't worry about the feeding. She will make up for it during the day. Congratulations on your first "full nights" sleep. Here's hoping for another one tonight.

dbra
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!!! Go with it!

Lizzy started small like that and was sleeping through the night by 4 months old. Now at 19 months she regularly sleeps soundly for 11 hours. And this mama is grateful for it!

i didn't do that with my birth children. I did the family bed thing. None of my three birth babies ever slept through the night until they were three yrs old. They were 12 and 18 months apart so I was one tired mama for many years!

enjoy it!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I think the next question is... How did she do last night? :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)