Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excited or concerned? She slept SIX HOURS!

Posted by   + Show Post

Angie slept for almost six hours last night. She is almost five weeks.  Is it a good thing that she is starting to sleep longer? Or should I be concerned because she skipped a feeding while in a growth spirt?  Opinions anyone. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (21-24):
iuangina
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

When this happened to me, it was the best night!  My husband was out of town and my son slept for 6 hours.  I woke up and freaked out when I realized that it had been that long, but then I was so thankful for the rest.  They should drop the night feeding and start to make up for during the day.  Enjoy the rest.  

2Gs
by Wendy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Both of my babies started sleeping for long periods of time when they were very little.  My pediatrician said that it was fine for my 8-week old to sleep for 8 hours at a time providing she was getting all her formula which she was.  If she's not getting all of her formula, I would probably wake her up and feed her.   Is she a big girl?  If she's a peanut then I'd definatley wake her up but if she's already got a lot of meat on her bones then maybe not.  

Music182013
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Quoting 2Gs:

Both of my babies started sleeping for long periods of time when they were very little.  My pediatrician said that it was fine for my 8-week old to sleep for 8 hours at a time providing she was getting all her formula which she was.  If she's not getting all of her formula, I would probably wake her up and feed her.   Is she a big girl?  If she's a peanut then I'd definatley wake her up but if she's already got a lot of meat on her bones then maybe not.  

Angelica is 9lbs and has quite a bit of chubbiness going on in her legs and tummy. Her arms are a little thinner. How much formula should sh be eating at 6 weeks? 

God Bless, Kim 

2Gs
by Wendy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Kim - I can't remember the numbers for a 6-week old.  It's crazy how you forget as soon as that stage passes.  However I highly recommend the American Academy of Pediatrics for things like this.  Their website has some info http://www.aap.org.  I personally like their book Caring for your Baby and young Child Birth to Age 5

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)