Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Excited or concerned? She slept SIX HOURS!

Posted by   + Show Post

Angie slept for almost six hours last night. She is almost five weeks.  Is it a good thing that she is starting to sleep longer? Or should I be concerned because she skipped a feeding while in a growth spirt?  Opinions anyone. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
Music182013
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I think the next question is... How did she do last night? :)

Not as good.  She went down about 10:30.  Woke 12:45, was back in bed by 1:30.  Woke again at 4:10, went back down by 5:15.  And woke again at 8:30, and is still awake. 

God Bless, Kim 

Meoverthere
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That's really good! And not a worry at all. She will take more milk in the day if she misses her feed at night.

I have had loads of experience! I am a mother of three children, one birth child 11, one adopted child age 7 and one birth child age 5. In addition, I am a uk based foster carer too and usually have  0-2 years old (mainly under 1s). I have fostered nearly 30 babies! Just one baby at the moment and sometimes two to keep me busy!

Meoverthere
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Just saw above... Make sure your little one gets a good top up feed at 10.30 til 11.30 ish and that'll help keep her in good habits. You might get lucky and get a decent spurt of sleep for yourself til about 4 and that doesn't feel as bad as the middle of the night!

PinkButterfly66
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter was sleeping that long at night at that age.  I would get up and feed her about 1am and she would sleep until 6am.  

Music182013
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Meoverthere:

Just saw above... Make sure your little one gets a good top up feed at 10.30 til 11.30 ish and that'll help keep her in good habits. You might get lucky and get a decent spurt of sleep for yourself til about 4 and that doesn't feel as bad as the middle of the night!

It sort of worked.  We fed her around 10:30 last night and she slept till 2:45am. After that she slept till 7:40. 

God Bless, Kim 

Pinkmani
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Be excited! My mom always bragged to her friends about how I slept from 6pm to 6am; however, I never took naps during the day. 

Meoverthere
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Well that's pretty good. Keep at it and you'll get there. Your little one will let you know what she wants!! 

Music182013
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Meoverthere:

Well that's pretty good. Keep at it and you'll get there. Your little one will let you know what she wants!! 

She certainly tries, now if I could just figure out her different cries I will be doing really good.  Angie has given me three nights in a row of five hour sleeps!!  I like this. 

God Bless, Kim 

KLove_Mom
by Kara on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Yes, it's good. My 3rd baby slept 8 hours at night starting at 2 weeks old. As long as she is eating well during the day, it's just fine.

Music182013
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Quoting KLove_Mom:

Yes, it's good. My 3rd baby slept 8 hours at night starting at 2 weeks old. As long as she is eating well during the day, it's just fine.

Yes she is eating 3 1/2 to 4 oz every 2-2 1/2 hours during the day.  Last night she was in bed by 9:30 and slept through till 7:02am.  I stayed up till midnight waiting for her to ask for another feeding.  To my surprise she didn't. This makes five nights in a row of five or more hours slept.  I'm liking the sleep since I have never done well with less than seven hours of sleep.

God Bless, Kim 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)