Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thank you to the School teachers of this group! i was worried about nothing!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM
  • 1 Replies

back story: when conner was in K he would put words in a sentence that wasn't there. I was worried, even though he is adopted, I had the same problem that never really went away i had a learning difference, and was afriad he was have'n the same problem, i knew how hard this could be.

Well got an email from His teacher last week.. they are move'n him to 4th grade Math and reading!!!!! He really love these two subjects. Math is his favorite.. constantly on First in math, we have to physically turn off the computer to get him to stop! Now from what i understand is that the break up into groups "centers" for both so he won't move class rooms. There will be a few students from his grade in his so he won't be the only one.

The principal called  the next and asked if they could test him for the gifted program, but i insisted that i sat in for a few hours and to talk to the teacher to see how their program worked.. eh, not impressed.. Study, study, study on your own, very little teacher/student interaction. I think we are going to pass Conner is 7 i think it maybe way over structured for him he may loose intrest.

thank you ladies!!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
SarahSuzyQ
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Sounds like he's doing great, April! How awesome. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)