Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hard to believe it's already February... This winter is flying by for me!

How is everyone doing this month? Anything you're looking forward to? Plans, vacations, etc? Or are you still fighting off the flu?

I hope everyone is doing well... Let's catch up with one another!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Replies (31-36):
teaguen
by teaguen on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:12 PM

We have had her since she was two days old.  What a surprise since she joined us two days before Christmas.  It was a joy to have such a little one under the tree.  The only thing I miss is a full night sleep.  I do have to say she is  a dream at night, wakes up and within a half hour is back down sleeping.  What a way to end out the year though.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

How long has FD been with you? Hope you're all doing well with a little one in the house, and I hope the hearing gives you a good sense of what to expect.

Quoting teaguen:

February is always a busy month for us.  We have a cheer competition in Atlanta in two weeks that my older DD and I go to.  Also have a new FD who is 6 weeks old now and we are waiting to hear on her 1st court date this month what her status is going to be. 

Congratulations Marlena - what a exciting time - enjoy every minute!

klcondry
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM
We are completing our homestudy so we can begin the adoption process!

Quoting Mystres:

My Plans for this Month is ADOPTION FINALIZATION

We dont have our court date yet.  but we should in the next week of so.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Welcome! What type of adoption?

Quoting klcondry:

Quoting Mystres:

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I must have missed this! A newborn, huh? Didn't both your girls come home at a very young age? I'm glad she's on a good schedule, but whew, I bet it took a few weeks to get adjusted to the new baby routine again!

Quoting teaguen:

We have had her since she was two days old.  What a surprise since she joined us two days before Christmas.  It was a joy to have such a little one under the tree.  The only thing I miss is a full night sleep.  I do have to say she is  a dream at night, wakes up and within a half hour is back down sleeping.  What a way to end out the year though.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

How long has FD been with you? Hope you're all doing well with a little one in the house, and I hope the hearing gives you a good sense of what to expect.

Quoting teaguen:

February is always a busy month for us.  We have a cheer competition in Atlanta in two weeks that my older DD and I go to.  Also have a new FD who is 6 weeks old now and we are waiting to hear on her 1st court date this month what her status is going to be. 

teaguen
by teaguen on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Both of the girls came home at 2 1/2 months although we started to visit the youngest one in the hospital at 1 month.  Getting back in the swing with a newborn is quite an eye opener - literally open all night.  She is just starting to smile so totally worth all the late night feedings.  My girls are both such big helpers being 10 and 7 now and my DH loves having a baby to cuddle with.  We are just fostering, but you never know how things turn out.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I must have missed this! A newborn, huh? Didn't both your girls come home at a very young age? I'm glad she's on a good schedule, but whew, I bet it took a few weeks to get adjusted to the new baby routine again!

Quoting teaguen:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting teaguen:

klcondry
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:23 PM
We are seeking to adopt a sibling group through the foster system - waiting Texas children 9 and under. Thanks for the welcome :-)

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Welcome! What type of adoption?

Quoting klcondry:

Quoting Mystres:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)