Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Today should have been a most precious day....

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:13 AM
  • 14 Replies

We were supposed to adopt in June.  Today we were going to go to the sonogram to find out if this was going to be a girl or boy.  We received a phone call last night the mom changed her mind.  Our hearts are broken and completely shattered.  Today is filled with heartache, pain and much tears.  I attended all the doctor's appointments have the little sono of the baby and it hurts soo much.  Of course we knew going into adoption there are risk, but you can never prepare yourself or your heart for the pain.  I have just been through so much, my dad passed away in July 2012, my mom has had 2 strokes and is not doing well hospice is now called in.  We were so hopeful and joyful that this little angel was coming at the perfect time, but now this has all changed. I try to think of all the positives in my life and my greatest blessing my son.  This is just a hard emotional time.  I only wish I would have been told sooner.  I wish I could just stop crying.... 

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ljnnmommy
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:23 AM

BUMP!

lorial58
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I'm so sorry.  I don't know where you live but we went through the local social services to adopt our babies.  Three came to me as sick infants and the other two were 10 months and 2years,  I always feel so guilty when others are going through the pain of an adoption that's fallen through when we adopted ours so easily and quickly.  My oldest daughter adopted her first daughter through social services too.  They were so eager to get it done with that I think they would have driven them to the courthouse.  

I'm so sorry and I know there's a baby out there for you.

maggiemom2000
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Sorry :-(

Know that your angel WILL come at the perfect time, just not the time you first thought.

Xmasbabies
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry. there are no words that will take away the pain, the scar will heal eventually but allow yourself time. Is there anything nice you can do with the three of you?

There are some times that are just so unfair that you cant put words to them. You will cry and you will feel like the tears will never stop. Somehow you will eventually get up and do it again because that baby is out there.

I am so sorry that you have to go through this time with the added weight of explaining this to your son and your sick Mom. I cannot imagine.

My only advice to you is to keep on good terms with the PBmom anyway. I know several Moms who had a Bmom change her mind and then change it again. Not to give false hope but dont burn any bridge either.

I am so so sorry.

simple frown

Mystres
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I AM SORRY.  I know how you feel.  I had 2 failed Matches.  Then one day, A already born call.    Just keep buisy, that is what i did.  I dove in to the world of extremem couponing to keep my mind off it all.

~~~~~~~
Find out about our adoption at our Facebook blog.
http://www.facebook.com/MJAdoptionBlog

In 2011 we decided to adopt.
In 2012 we got to take home our Lady Bug
Now in 2013 we will finalize our adoption.

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:06 PM

this just happend to us this year also. just keep the faith. you will stop. if you need to talk you can pm me.

i am so sorry. prayers to your family.

MotherofMiles
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:07 PM
So sorry for u! Don't give up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eoewan
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM

My heart aches for you. I am so sorry that you are going through this.

bekalynne440
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I'm so sorry =(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM

((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN