Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone,

I just joined this group. I plan to start the process toward adoption this summer. I'm going to be going through DSHS and am looking to adopt a girl around the age of 6. This is the first group I've found and just want to have a resource for any questions I may have. :)

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaEngineer
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome. I have found this group to be very helpful along my journey. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:59 AM

Welcome! We have several moms in here that have adopted through Foster Care so you will definitely find answers to any questions you have. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

bekalynne440
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Welcome!  We are also looking to adopt through DHS and are currently foster parents (fostering in hopes to adopt).  This is a great group to relate with women in the ups and downs of adoption.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Welcome! My husband and I adopted our son this past summer after fostering him for a little over two years. He's 5yo now, and the light of our lives. :-)

Do you have any other children? Best wishes to you as you investigate and begin the process. This group has been a great support and resource for me, I hope you find the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shainaleitch
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't have any other children. I tried with an ex for about 2 years and it just never happened. Now I'm single and 31 and wanted my first kid by now. There are so many kids out there, adoption just feels right.

Thank you for all the responses. It seems I definitely found the right group. :)
maggiemom2000
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Welcome! We did a fost/adopt with our DD. I really liked adopting out of foster care, it was a great experience. 

chinadollmom23
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:48 PM

welcome to the group! ! !welcome

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Those are the reasons my DH and I decided to adopt as well.

It can take quite a while from initial inquiry to actually being licensed and then matched with a child. Let us know how you're doing! There are a number of moms here who adopted from foster care, so you can probably find advice if you need it... And definitely support!

Quoting shainaleitch:

I don't have any other children. I tried with an ex for about 2 years and it just never happened. Now I'm single and 31 and wanted my first kid by now. There are so many kids out there, adoption just feels right.

Thank you for all the responses. It seems I definitely found the right group. :)

eoewan
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Welcome to the group. The ladies here are very supportive.

Javamom00
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:34 AM

I went through DCYF; samething differernt state. You can inbox me anytime. And Welcome. I did an open adoption of a three year old boy. First: Make sure you can get as much medical background on the child that is matched with you. The child and the childs family. Be sure to also take any availbale training and local adoption support groups. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)