Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Valentines?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 11 Replies
Are your kids giving out Valentines at school tomorrow? What kind did they get, or did you decide to make your own?

N decided on Power Rangers, not because he's seen the show, but because he watched a VHS from the 90s at a vacation house over the holidays. I'm not even sure if his classmates will know what Power Rangers are, but he's happy with them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaEngineer
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
No Valentine's at school for Junior. He does get to go skating with several students because they all received behavior awards this last semester! He is really excited.

He and DH surprised me with flowers yesterday since that was the only time they had to go shopping this week. DH and I have not really celebrated the holiday in about 15 years, but Junior wanted to celebrate as a family. We got his bio mother a gift since he has a visit tomorrow.
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM

i just grab them, if he did  it would take an hour.

Bluecalm
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM
We went with Mickey Mouse, but then the school decided not to do Valentine's because they were doing all the Mardi Gras activities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM
He is really growing into such a terrific young man. :-) I hope the visit goes ok tomorrow.

Quoting MamaEngineer:

No Valentine's at school for Junior. He does get to go skating with several students because they all received behavior awards this last semester! He is really excited.

He and DH surprised me with flowers yesterday since that was the only time they had to go shopping this week. DH and I have not really celebrated the holiday in about 15 years, but Junior wanted to celebrate as a family. We got his bio mother a gift since he has a visit tomorrow.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:32 PM
We made two trips because it was too difficult a decision! Lol! Fortunately we live pretty close to Walmart.

Quoting aprilz1225:

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I can imagine Mardi Gras might be more fun than Valentines, since it's an option for your area! :-)

Quoting Bluecalm:

We went with Mickey Mouse, but then the school decided not to do Valentine's because they were doing all the Mardi Gras activities.

Bluecalm
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, Kindergarten had a parade through the neighborhood. The kids had to bring in beads to throw.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I can imagine Mardi Gras might be more fun than Valentines, since it's an option for your area! :-)

Quoting Bluecalm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM

lol thats exactly why.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

We made two trips because it was too difficult a decision! Lol! Fortunately we live pretty close to Walmart.

Quoting aprilz1225:

KLove_Mom
by Kara on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:01 PM

My 4 year old twins couldn't be more different. 

The girl loves to draw and do crafts AND loves to give gifts. So she insisited that we make cards. I cut out large hearts in pink and red construction paper. On the first 3 (of 11) she wrote the names as I spelled them out, then wrote, "From Alyna". After that she was worn out. It's a lot of work for a 4 year old to write all those letters. So I filled in the rest of the names and wrote "From" and then she wrote her own name on the rest. Then she used foam stickers to decorate them, thinking carefully about the boys wanting car stickers and the girls wanting the glittery flowers and hearts.

Her brother looked at what she was doing and looked at the M&M packages I got for him to give and said, "Just write their names on them." He was done. 
He did enjoy going around and putting them in all the boxes today.  

I had a friend have us over so she could help Alyna decorate her Valentine's box, cause crafting stresses me out. For Ryan's I just wrapped the bottom of a Cars shoes box, and left the top and put some stickers on it for him. He didn't care.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Your son sounds an awful lot like mine! He liked choosing and giving Valentines, but NOT the creative process. In his case, the preschool teacher assigned all the kiddos to write the names on cards, so we did that over the two weeks prior... Whew. It was hard work writing some of those long names, but he did it.

Quoting KLove_Mom:

My 4 year old twins couldn't be more different. 

The girl loves to draw and do crafts AND loves to give gifts. So she insisited that we make cards. I cut out large hearts in pink and red construction paper. On the first 3 (of 11) she wrote the names as I spelled them out, then wrote, "From Alyna". After that she was worn out. It's a lot of work for a 4 year old to write all those letters. So I filled in the rest of the names and wrote "From" and then she wrote her own name on the rest. Then she used foam stickers to decorate them, thinking carefully about the boys wanting car stickers and the girls wanting the glittery flowers and hearts.

Her brother looked at what she was doing and looked at the M&M packages I got for him to give and said, "Just write their names on them." He was done. 
He did enjoy going around and putting them in all the boxes today.  

I had a friend have us over so she could help Alyna decorate her Valentine's box, cause crafting stresses me out. For Ryan's I just wrapped the bottom of a Cars shoes box, and left the top and put some stickers on it for him. He didn't care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)