latrell higginsIf you don't think this is hands-down the sweetest story you've heard all week year, I'll ... never mind, you WILL think this is the sweetest story you've heard all ... ever. Even if it does start out borderline heartbreaking: See, 13-year-old Latrell Higgins was adopted two years ago by a family in Florida. That's not the heartbreaking part, of course. Because the adoption of an older foster child by a loving family is pure happiness. The sad part came later, one night during dinner when Latrell's mom, Kelli Higgins (a professional photographer), brought up an upcoming newborn photo shoot on her schedule. Latrell said, simply, that he wished he had photos of himself as a baby.

That gave Kelli's 12-year-old daughter an idea. An amazingly wonderful idea.

Why not "re-create" a newborn photo shoot for Latrell?

Why not, indeed? The resulting photos -- handsome young man Latrell in a variety of cute newborn poses -- are both adorable and hilarious. But most of all, they turned out to be incredibly powerful.

After Kelli posted the photos on Facebook with the following caption, "Here's my sweet not so little newborn! His name is Latrell and weighs 112 lbs," the images went viral. In the best way possible:

"The one reaction that is really humbling and I'm really excited about is there have been a lot of parents that come to me telling me that they were thinking about adopting a baby, but after seeing those photos it's changed their minds and they want to adopt an older child," said Kelli.

(I told you this would be the sweetest story you've heard all ever.)

Not to mention inspiring. Kelli Higgins, you deserve an award. And a hug.

Would you consider adopting an older child?