Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Update.

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM
  • 42 Replies
6 moms liked this

I hope all of you had a happy mothers day :) I haven't been on much, ive been so sick lately.  Babies are good and healthy, I decided on adoption again, I am not going through an agency, mostly because right now i am having a lot of trouble with the agency i went through with the boys.  Any ways, I am picking out a family shortly within the next couple of weeks. I have a lot to go through and I really have peace with this all. I put it in God's hands and ever since I did that, I have had such peace. I believe he did this so I could bless another family which makes me so happy inside. I have also decided after having the twins to get my tubes untied and start being a surrogate for other woman who can't concieve, i think it was my calling, because i love being able to help families out that way. Any ways. God Bless :)

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaEngineer
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Oh, Bre, you tried so hard to prevent another pregnancy. You have gone through the heartache of choosing adoption for your boys and now you have to experience that again. Talk to an adoption lawyer to find out if he/she can be a mediary in your state to help match you with prospective adoptive parents.

It is rare, but possible to get pregnant after a tubal. A family friend grew a third tube after her tubal and had child #5. Her husband got a vasectomy and she had her tubes retied after the birth.

Prayers for you and your family.
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM

oh sweet heart! Lord keep you in his arms.. are you still get'n emotional help for the teins adoption, if you are then maybe they could help you with some sugestion. I am sorry, if this respons sounds off the wall but i am shocked, not as shocked as you are, but shocked!!!

hugs and prayers momma.. with lots of love!

ForeverLawst
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow.. Just.. wow. I'd be shocked too. 

Just know that we are all here for you and wil help out in any way possible. Any chance that the previous AP's would be willing to adopt this one too? That would be ideal for me if I were in that position. Someone posted about posting on http://www.parentprofiles.com/. This might be a good thing for you so that you can avoid the agency thing. 

*HUGS&LOVE* 

ETA: it was 2G's that posted a couple weeks ago and on another post today.. I couldn't remember who posted it before. =) 

Edit (again) to fix my wording.. I didn't like the way I said it the first time (sorry, I am at work and rushed =/)

SamsMomSays
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM
You can definitely search potential parents online. Check adoptimist.com.
Good luck!!! So sorry that you are having to go through this again. ((Hugs))
KLove_Mom
by Kara on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Yes, you really should contact the AP of your twins and see if they would do a private adoption of this bio sibling. It would be much cheaper for them than the first adoption, and if they are willing, then at least you would know the siblings were together. 

You could also talk to you OB and see if they know how to connect you with a family wanting to adopt.

So sorry for this scary situation for you. 

Quoting ForeverLawst:

Just know that we are all here for you and wil help out in any way possible. Any chance that the previous AP's will take this one too? That would be ideal for me if I were in that position. Someone posted about posting on http://www.parentprofiles.com/. This might be a good thing for you so that you can avoid the agency thing. 

*HUGS&LOVE* 

ETA: it was 2G's that posted a couple weeks ago and on another post today.. I couldn't remember who posted it before. =) 

-Kara
"Look for Rainbows"
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM

we are going there to i don't think our agency's doing enough :(

Quoting ForeverLawst:

Just know that we are all here for you and wil help out in any way possible. Any chance that the previous AP's will take this one too? That would be ideal for me if I were in that position. Someone posted about posting on http://www.parentprofiles.com/. This might be a good thing for you so that you can avoid the agency thing. 

*HUGS&LOVE* 

2Gs
by Wendy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Our birthmother got pregnant while religiously taking the pill.  She had 4 kids and 2 step kids already so I do believe her.  Plus it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.  

MommieBre21
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Im mobile so bare with me. I asked the twins parents and unfortunately the twins are enough for them. So im going to be looking for any adoptive parents through a lawyer or ads possibly. idk. if yall know any one please let me know. im just recently divorced so going through that and this ugh. thank you for yalls messages ill get back to yall when i get back from the OB.
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:32 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm so sorry. It sounds like you have a lot of very difficult things happening all at one time... (((HUGS))) I don't have a lot of advice that hasn't already been given, except to just take it one thing at a time. Maybe even one day at a time. 

And by the way, you are a MOM. Period. You are not a breeder, and it makes me angry that someone would treat you in that fashion. You have tried with everything in you to make responsible decisions for your family and for all of your kids. No one should fault you for that, and I'm sorry you are being judged.

MommieBre21
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Thank you for your encouraging words. it means a lot.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I'm so sorry. It sounds like you have a lot of very difficult things happening all at one time... (((HUGS))) I don't have a lot of advice that hasn't already been given, except to just take it one thing at a time. Maybe even one day at a time. 

And by the way, you are a MOM. Period. You are not a breeder, and it makes me angry that someone would treat you in that fashion. You have tried with everything in you to make responsible decisions for your family and for all of your kids. No one should fault you for that, and I'm sorry you are being judged.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)