Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Hi :) new to cyber connecting

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello cafe moms,

Other than FB (which I'm not that active on)and one other website for hysterectomy support, this is my first website that I am excited to be a part of. I'm 40 yrs young, happily married 23 yrs, a navy wife, and the mother of an amazing 12 yr old daughter who we adopted when she was 4. Ok, now I feel like I'm on a dating site lol .....I like long walks on a moonlit beach, disco, anything 80's...lol

I'd just like to say I am looking forward to connecting with moms who can relate to my family and share ways to help us all get what we need from life. I am looking for inspiration from others and the experiences they share here on this site.

I'm ready for new things in my life and am looking forward to connecting on this site as one of them.

I'm here for the party and I promise not to pee in the pool ;)

Heather

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! We adopted our son last summer at the age of 4, also. :)

And I like long walks on a moonlit beach, lol! I hope you'll feel at home here, this is a friendly and supportive group.

hdtaylor36
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM

thanks for the welcome :) it's true. there is alot of good support here. it's nice to "be around" like minded people when it comes to raising my girl. I always knew places like this existed but I wasn't able to participate. Until now :)

Our daughter came to us with lots of hurts. If you ever need a shoulder....

oh, and congrats momma :)

heather

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Welcome! We adopted our son last summer at the age of 4, also. :)

And I like long walks on a moonlit beach, lol! I hope you'll feel at home here, this is a friendly and supportive group.

amonkeymom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL @ the dating site comparison.  Welcome to the group. :)

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome we love the 80's here too!!! feel free to "hustle" around you dancing queen!!!! 

we llove the beach we adopted out son at birth and are awaiting our 2nd match.

hopalong47
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! We adopted our son and daughter when they were babies...we also have one biological daughter...they are all in their thirties. Life is good and we have been blessed!

sewing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN