Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The light at the end of the tunnel!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

As most of you probably know, we are adopting 3 kids. It's been a rough road.  We had to go to court a few weeks ago over some crazy stuff with a sibling of the youngest 2.  It's been sooooooo much more stressful than last time we adopted.  We had an attorney all lined up for our adoption with marcus and she died last week!  It was really really sad and another bump in our journey.  it's been non-stop hurdles but today FINALLY we got a finalization date!  We finalize with our little boy on June 24th!  YAY!!!!!!!!  1 down and 2 to go!  I think finalizing over state lines is going to be a little tricky but I do see that light at the end of the tunnel!  

ps I am not trying to sound callous about our 1st attorney.  We were really saddened by it.  

:(

by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SarahSuzyQ
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Oh my goodness! I'm glad you are starting to see forward progress, but what a bumpy road.

How are the kids doing? How are you?
MamaEngineer
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Wow! At least there is some light at the end of your tunnel. Yeah for June 24!

proudmomalexis
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Congrats
Mweddle
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM

We are SO ready for this to be all finished!  :)  I am doing ok.  Once the court hearing was done I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and we are moving on.  Phew!  At least until July! haha.  We should hear the outcome in July.  The kids are doing AMAZING!  When we went to the court hearing we were gone for a day and we prepared the kids for us being gone overnight and they were scared we were not coming back. :(  My youngest son gave the babysitter some problem.  Other than that one day things have been going so well.  The kids are adjusting and they all seem really happy.  Its really been such a blessing.  I feel like the stress is subsiding for me.  Things are getting easier.  Crazy thing is that the kids aren't stressing me out like I thought they would (you know what I mean, all the change going from 1 kid to 4 kids  not the kids themselves haha)  its mostly all the external situations.  But right now, today I feel really good. :)  Thank you!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Oh my goodness! I'm glad you are starting to see forward progress, but what a bumpy road.

How are the kids doing? How are you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)