Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ask me a question about adoption...if I don't know the answer, I know how to get it!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

Both my children are adopted, and we took them home from the hospital.  My daughter is 9 and looks just like me, my son is 7 and has been modeling for one of the top talent agencies in the country.

They are both good students and talented in their own ways.  Of course, I am proud of them and am bragging, but the real reason I started off my post like I did, is because I wanted to paint a picture in the heads of anyone reading this post of two kids that are just as normal as any other child.

No matter what the circumstance is of why a child is adopted, at the end of the day, they are part of a family that loves them and will grow up with the same personality that they were destined to have.

I am a very outgoing person and love to learn and ask questions.  So I am pretty sure that one of the things that God put on my plate as something I can do extremely well is share my story, listen to other stories, make people comfortable to ask me a question they may have about adoption.

As I said in my title, if I am not sure of the answer to your question, trust me, I will find the anwer and share it with you.  I love helping people, so feel free anytime to reach out and ask.

by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
marchantmom06
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM
We have had a successful adoption and our daughter fits right in with her 7 brothers and sisters. We are huge advocates of adoption as our family has been adopting for 40 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raleyfamily
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I have seven biological children, and in the last eight years, I have adopted five times from the foster care system.  I will say that raising a child that comes to you at an older age,  a traumatized child or a child that has been exposed to alcohol and drugs in the womb is different from raising a healthy child you gave birth too, but all children have their own challenges.  And in the end, they are our children, no matter how they came into our family!

Carla Raley, wife of Bill, mom of 12, foster mom of more than 50
Visit my blogs for stories of the life of an older mom raising a large family, foster/adoption and homeschooling
http://raleyfamilysfarm.blogspot.com/

http://bookreviewsbycarla.blogspot.com/

harmony7
by on May. 5, 2014 at 9:43 PM

As a mom of 7 bio children and 3 through adoption...I too am also a huge advocate for adoption and for older children longing for a home, but it is not all ponys and roses and as much as we love our boys it is different parenting and not always an easy path.

Like Carla said in the end they are Our children and we love them.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)