Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOw do I adopt my 14 year olds baby that is due April 25 2016

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:00 AM
  • 8 Replies

my 14 year old daughter wants me to adopt her new born baby when she arrives somtime this month how do I do this any suggestions as I want baby to be supervised and well cared for so my daughter to which is the mother of my unborn grand grandaughter? she is too young to provide and support this child andthey both are mine. any suggestions on a easy way to do this ?

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rough2_tough
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:03 AM
Get in contact with an adoption lawyer.

And good luck.
Daffanyrose
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:06 AM
Lawyer
loves2readYA
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:54 PM

You are amazing for wanting to do this. Your grandchild will certainly be lucky to have you in her life.

I don't know how you'd go about doing this, but I'd agree with the others' advice--contact a lawyer. They'll usually do a free consultation up front, and then you can go from there. Another idea is to check with your daughter's obgyn or someone at the hospital. I'll bet the hospital has someone on staff who can offer some advice.

I wish you, your daughter, and your soon-to-be granddaughter the best of luck.

Ms.KitKat
by on May. 12, 2016 at 9:02 AM

Laws vary by state however if you contact your local family court, the clerk should be able to tell you the process.

Some jurisdictions require that the adopting parent- even a relative- have background clearances. Still others will require a visit by a social worker who will interview the adopting parent(s) and everyone living in the home, including the child's bio parents. This social worker is appointed by the court.

Your dd will need to fully understand that her parental rights will be terminated and she will not be able to regain those rights unless you, as the adoptive parent give consent.

Adoption is permanent and forever. 

fostermommy1
by on Jun. 6, 2016 at 2:13 PM

This is going to be your best bet for accurate information.

Quoting Daffanyrose: Lawyer

tklrcl2014
by on Jun. 29, 2016 at 12:11 AM

Can you file for guardianship rather than adoption? This way it gives your daughter time to grow up, and you can raise the child; and when she is older she can then take over custody if she and you want? If she decides not to, you can adopt then.  With her being so young and hormonal, I think this will cause serious issues within the family later down the line.

hotspice58
by Member on Jul. 20, 2016 at 10:35 AM

lawyer.

Canadiana
by on Jul. 20, 2016 at 12:44 PM
You need a home study
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)