Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Condoms are the worst, am I right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

For a variety of reasons which I will not get into, I cannot be on hormonal birth control. My husband and I have only ever been with each other, and we've never had to use condoms before now and GODDAMNIT TO THE FIREY HELLS those things blow. They slip off, don't roll all the way down, they don't feel good and just generaly gross me out. We've tried a few different brands and it's not that they're not long enough, they're not *wide* enough for him. Which, you know, sounds riddiculous, given that you can put them on over your head and blow them up with your nose (am I the only person who has done that?)  It makes me really hate sex, because the whole time I am paranoid about it slipping off and getting knocked up and we do not want any more kids. Ugh. Just needed to vent. 

Anyway, I am debating getting an IUD (a copper one, not the hormonal one) but I know people who have had IUD babies and that scares me, too. Advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Holztastic
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

No, unintended pregnancy is the worst.

heartnhidin
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM
I agree they suck. But I don't want anymore babies.

I am paranoid it is going to slide off inside of me. It happened to my friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChelleBoo23
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I have an IUD and still use condoms because I'm paranoid lol. We don't use them everytime, but we usually do. I just don't want to risk it. 

Kelly_Ann
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

just got my tubes tied :)

onlyfiremom
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I have an IUD and i love it cause i hate condoms too!! 

mamaeagle216
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Have him get a vasectomy. It's easy, almost painless and covered by most insurances so its next to free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wjbrady2011
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm on a low hormone pill and we don't use condoms they irritate my vag. Sorry tmi but we tried when we were dating and it swelled shut. Very painful. I would look into an iud
DarkSoloKnight8
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM
I'm no help because we use the pull out method. There is a few I have been looking into but still haven't decided which one and if I want to get on any bc that is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennPearce
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM
I had the 5 year iud & it was pretty effective :) I didn't get pregnant but there are some fertile mertiles out there. I agree condoms are a pain in the ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHome
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Right!!

I'll take using annoying condoms over getting knocked up again. :)

Quoting Holztastic:

No, unintended pregnancy is the worst.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)