Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Condoms are the worst, am I right?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

For a variety of reasons which I will not get into, I cannot be on hormonal birth control. My husband and I have only ever been with each other, and we've never had to use condoms before now and GODDAMNIT TO THE FIREY HELLS those things blow. They slip off, don't roll all the way down, they don't feel good and just generaly gross me out. We've tried a few different brands and it's not that they're not long enough, they're not *wide* enough for him. Which, you know, sounds riddiculous, given that you can put them on over your head and blow them up with your nose (am I the only person who has done that?)  It makes me really hate sex, because the whole time I am paranoid about it slipping off and getting knocked up and we do not want any more kids. Ugh. Just needed to vent. 

Anyway, I am debating getting an IUD (a copper one, not the hormonal one) but I know people who have had IUD babies and that scares me, too. Advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Replies (31-40):
laurenb1
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM
I hate condoms. Aghh we use the pull out method mostly and sometimes condoms but if we were 100% against another baby we'd be using condoms all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM
We use this product called encare. Its a spermicide. Insert it 10 mins before he cums in you. Only thing is its very messy. Ive never gotten pregnant nor the person that told me about them. We have the same issues with condoms. I tend to pull them off with my puss. Then when were about to cum we have to stop cause an accident may have happened. I cant do hormonal bc either. I actually lost a quarter of my hair last time and another bled for 3 weeks straight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:19 PM
I love condoms and am looking forward to needing them again. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamminOutMama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Try larger condoms? Magnum?
YeahItsJen
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:22 PM
My SO can't fit properly into any condoms either, not even the magnums! It sucked so bad, the final straw for me was when one tore up during sex and I had to literally pull ripped up chucks of condom out of my vag =\ Before we started TTC we just used the pull out method, or elsewhere i. e. Mouth, boobs, ect. Hope you find a method you like and that works!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carramber54
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I can't get an IUD, I want one but I can't because when I first started my period I used tampons and it caused me to get a pelvic inflamatory disease so I can't have one, I don't know what to do about sex after this baby, because I'm allergic to every type of condom out there and birth control doesn't seem to work since I'm pregnant lol.

newmom121812
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM
I havnt had your problem before. For the past three years my bf and I never used anything. Now I'm prego (my ex bf is a piece of shit and left me) I dont use one with my new fwb(both of us are clean).
You could get an iud and use pull out method, it would be more effective
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaybear123
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Condoms + me = hatred. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I got my tubes tied 4 years ago and im sooo glad. Why dont one of you do something permanent if ur done?
waitWHAT
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I like condoms and prefer them over all other BC. Dh isn't a huge fan but he doesn't complain much. Even if he did it wouldn't make a difference..I don't want anymore kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)