Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pictures Falling Into The Wrong Hands HELP! UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Last night a man got hold of my phone and sent himself my personal pictures that were meant for SO.  This man is a close family friend and the same age as my parents.  He is also a regular customer at the bar I work at.  I've always trusted him up until last night.  I left my phone at the table where other family friends were sitting including my sister's MIL while I was dancing.  I never in my wildest dreams thought something like this would happen.   I haven't told anyone because I'm scared how it will effect relationships.  I feel violated, embarrassed, ashamed.  I'm so pissed at myself for being so stupid.  What do I do?

update:  I talked to SO.  I told him what happened and why I hadn't told him right away.  He said that I had nothing to be ashamed of and that he completely understood why I handled the situation like I did.  He just held me, let me cry and said everything would be ok. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Replies (31-35):
SouthTxPrincess
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I'm so sorry that happened but to prevent this from ever happening again look up a app that's called keepsafe its a locked app that is password protected so no one can see anything you want to hide. I'm glad ur hubby understood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:38 PM
That's why I use photovault, I lock my phone and don't leave.it just anywhere.
MrsRobinson06
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM
That sucks, what a disgusting old man. This is why i have always refused to take pictures or videos of myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megzboys
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:19 AM

This is why I would never get those types of pictures done.  Well that it the idea of doing that never appealed to me. 

Megzboys
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Your SO was good to you, I am glad that at least he was able to give you some comfort in this situation.  I am sure that helped a little.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN