Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pictures Falling Into The Wrong Hands HELP! UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

Last night a man got hold of my phone and sent himself my personal pictures that were meant for SO.  This man is a close family friend and the same age as my parents.  He is also a regular customer at the bar I work at.  I've always trusted him up until last night.  I left my phone at the table where other family friends were sitting including my sister's MIL while I was dancing.  I never in my wildest dreams thought something like this would happen.   I haven't told anyone because I'm scared how it will effect relationships.  I feel violated, embarrassed, ashamed.  I'm so pissed at myself for being so stupid.  What do I do?

update:  I talked to SO.  I told him what happened and why I hadn't told him right away.  He said that I had nothing to be ashamed of and that he completely understood why I handled the situation like I did.  He just held me, let me cry and said everything would be ok. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
This is why I delete pictures I send.
In response, I would talk to the person directly if they are a friend.
prinzesa_edith
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Tell, your husband before he thinks you sent them to him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

this. if he finds out later, it will be that much harder for him to believe you didn't do it. 

Quoting prinzesa_edith:

Tell, your husband before he thinks you sent them to him

CafeMom Tickers
lildensmom
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM
How did you find out he looked at the pics since u were dancing. Did he send them to himself?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NunezMom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Lock your phone at all times..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dsebastian23
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM

How did you find out he had them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Yes he sent them to himself.  I realized when I had a text come thru and saw his name in my inbox.  I thought "that's strange.  I haven't text him tonight".  The last message was just a draft not actually sent.  I approached him and he tried to apologize and said he stopped because he realized it was wrong.  Then later as I was crying my eyes out I went to delete and that's when I noticed he has sent several to himself.  My face wasn't in any of them all but two were bra and panty pics.  He was sending me text all night begging forgiveness.

Quoting lildensmom:

How did you find out he looked at the pics since u were dancing. Did he send them to himself?

mom_of_one_2010
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Tell ur dh & that's why my phone is on me all the time & I have a pass code on my phone that only me n dh know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perezamberly
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM
I would talk to your significant other, that way you know he's on your side
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tatiana7
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Lock your phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)