Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pictures Falling Into The Wrong Hands HELP! UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Last night a man got hold of my phone and sent himself my personal pictures that were meant for SO.  This man is a close family friend and the same age as my parents.  He is also a regular customer at the bar I work at.  I've always trusted him up until last night.  I left my phone at the table where other family friends were sitting including my sister's MIL while I was dancing.  I never in my wildest dreams thought something like this would happen.   I haven't told anyone because I'm scared how it will effect relationships.  I feel violated, embarrassed, ashamed.  I'm so pissed at myself for being so stupid.  What do I do?

update:  I talked to SO.  I told him what happened and why I hadn't told him right away.  He said that I had nothing to be ashamed of and that he completely understood why I handled the situation like I did.  He just held me, let me cry and said everything would be ok. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
jenn75
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM
You have nothing to be ashamed about! HE violated you by going into your PRIVIATE pics! You did nothing wrong.
Tell your DH/so what happened.
He's a family friend so I'd let ALL the other women he's "friends" with what happened so they can be on watch and it won't happen to them and so they will know what a creep he really is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PartyGalAnne
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Learn from your mistake!

Twisted.Jester
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:59 PM

That is what you get for taking naked pictures of yourself on your phone and then leaving your phone unattended.  What if any of them had picked up your phone just to answer it and seen them?  Don't leave shit lying around you don't want people to find.  Period.

What if you had LOST your phone?  Then your shit would be all over the Internet by now, if it isn't already.

I think you learned your lesson, you need to tell your husband, you need to rip this "friend" a new asshole, and then not do something so stupid in the future.

Twisted.Jester
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:01 PM

She absolutely did something wrong.  What if she lost the phone with the pics on it?  She'd be searchable on google right now.

Its completely idiotic to take pics on your phone and keep them there.

Quoting jenn75:

You have nothing to be ashamed about! HE violated you by going into your PRIVIATE pics! You did nothing wrong.
Tell your DH/so what happened.
He's a family friend so I'd let ALL the other women he's "friends" with what happened so they can be on watch and it won't happen to them and so they will know what a creep he really is.

fruitypeb5
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM

i'd walk up to him and demand he let you delete the pics out of his phone. he's a jerk!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I'd tell your DH, because if hefinds our before you can, it oculd look bad. They have time stamps on them so since you were danceing at the time of the send he'll know you didn;t do it.

AJMcGuire
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

One tell your SO about this, then either one lock  your phone or delete the pictures.. But the damage is done now but I would tell your friend to give you his phone and delete all the pictures or I would no longer be with this perosn..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Wow you're the first bitch I've ran into in this group.  I think it is obvious from my post that I realize my mistake and don't need it rubbed in.  I thought I was among friends.  Maybe if your front door is unlocked I should be able to walk in and go thru your stuff.  That would be what you get right?  I did talk to SO and unlike you he was understanding. 

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

That is what you get for taking naked pictures of yourself on your phone and then leaving your phone unattended.  What if any of them had picked up your phone just to answer it and seen them?  Don't leave shit lying around you don't want people to find.  Period.

What if you had LOST your phone?  Then your shit would be all over the Internet by now, if it isn't already.

I think you learned your lesson, you need to tell your husband, you need to rip this "friend" a new asshole, and then not do something so stupid in the future.

Nika87
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Hun dont mind her.....shes clearly a stupid, bitter bitch!!! She seems to leave rude comments everywhere!!!! Its not your fault, don't let this bitter bitch make you feel any worse!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow you're the first bitch I've ran into in this group.  I think it is obvious from my post that I realize my mistake and don't need it rubbed in.  I thought I was among friends.  Maybe if your front door is unlocked I should be able to walk in and go thru your stuff.  That would be what you get right?  I did talk to SO and unlike you he was understanding. 

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Ignore her, from what i have seen she is like that to everyone and is one of the reasons i never post or comment in here. 

Anyway...you are the victim here, he knew what he was doing and didnt think he would get caught (or since he didnt cover his tracks wanted to get caught, just a thought). Im glad you talked to your SO and he understands, just remember to lock your phone and delete all private only photos. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)