Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More High Heels for a not-so-girly wife?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Ok, I am not the girliest wife. I can barely walk in heels for more than 5min, but no that does not make me butch. I just am overweight and I feel like I cannot walk in them whatsoever, not to mention I never know when to wear them, am I too dressed up for the occassion...what outfit to where them with, etc.

Hubby of course is always talking about me more heels and I avoid the suggestion to the trip to the mall as much as I can because I dread wearing the heels. I feel so bad that I'm not a girly enough wife for him because I know it turns men on so bad and I'd like to wear them so bad but seriously I can't walk in them at all and never know when to wear them! Please any suggestions for me! I want to be girlier for my hubby.

Are there particular brands that are more comfy than others?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma3830
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM
I stopped wearing them Cus my SO is shorter than me!! Lol. So I'm no help.

But when I used to wear them... The ones with a "thicker" heal are more comfortable. More sturdy versus the stiletto type. Or try a kitten heel, much shorter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nothinbutsmiles
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Thicker heels, or wedges

tisha826
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Practice makes perfect, and you can pretty much wear them with anything except pajamas and sweats. I use to live in heels, I don't wear them nearly as often now, unless I'm going somewhere other than work or the grocery store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2priceboys
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I don't wear them - my lifestyle just doesn;t allow for it - oh well, never really did - I do buy cute flats though and often get comments on them

Kes1s
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM

What size do you buy your heels in compared to your regular shoe size?

I buy my heels snug for support and break them in with shoe stretchers or by wearing them.  Gals typically buy heels like they buy sneakers, and then wonder why they're falling out of them, loosing them and feeling like they can't walk.

For my clubbing shoes, "Pleaser" all the way.  They are the most renowed brand for stripper shoes, made to look unreasonable but to be danced in.  I like their Bordello line, a lower heel - usually 3-5" and with a more classic shape than some of the shoes you see people wearing.  I detest kitten heels, they look like witch shoes to me, I'm not into stilletos because my rule is if I can't run in it I don't leave the house -height has nothing to do with it - I have some 7" sandals, not wedge I can run in but the heel has to be able to handle the impact.

PLeasers Bordello Line  (you have to find a 'dealer' to get them - a third party since they only wholesale from the factory)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

OMG, thank you so much. You are like a breath of fresh air and I love the site you provided. That is exactly my problem is that the heels don't feel comfortable when I wear them...then end up feeling like and insecure flip flop.

Quoting Kes1s:

What size do you buy your heels in compared to your regular shoe size?

I buy my heels snug for support and break them in with shoe stretchers or by wearing them.  Gals typically buy heels like they buy sneakers, and then wonder why they're falling out of them, loosing them and feeling like they can't walk.

For my clubbing shoes, "Pleaser" all the way.  They are the most renowed brand for stripper shoes, made to look unreasonable but to be danced in.  I like their Bordello line, a lower heel - usually 3-5" and with a more classic shape than some of the shoes you see people wearing.  I detest kitten heels, they look like witch shoes to me, I'm not into stilletos because my rule is if I can't run in it I don't leave the house -height has nothing to do with it - I have some 7" sandals, not wedge I can run in but the heel has to be able to handle the impact.

PLeasers Bordello Line  (you have to find a 'dealer' to get them - a third party since they only wholesale from the factory)

Marinemom918
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Never wear them or buy them. I hate then personally and I an 5'2. Hubby is 5'8 even though he would love for me to play naughty maid in them, I couldn't cause I don't have them. But seriously my life is all boys and no girls!! I know understand how my dad felt at round three daughters and a wife, I have 3 boys and a hubby. My job is Cash Office clerk at a major hardware chain!! Yes I work in a good ole boys club also!! Lucky me!! I do dress up, I just wear flats!
kblossom20
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Wedges & platform pumps are really easy to walk in. You can wear heels practically anywhere. Use them to dress up basic jeans & a tee. Heels by Jessica Simpson are really comfortable. I have quite a few of them.
Starleet
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I never wear them only because my foot is too long and wide. I have never been able to get cute shoes ever. I tried getting a wide pair from Torrid a few months ago after everyone was raving about them for wider feet but they don't fit my feet either. I wish I could wear them though.

Mrs.Vallo
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

The only way you are going to get use to them is just to wear them. I use to hate heels and now I am even going up in how high they are. I buy most of my heels from JustFab.com You can pick between Wedges or Platform ect. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)