Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why the change all of a sudden?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

My boyfriend and I been together a couple years and we work opposite shifts. When he gets home from work at 2am ish he would wake me AS SOON as he got home to talk for awhile. I was fine with it. Now that we live together, he doesn't come talk to me until he has been home for about an hour or so. And he knows that he is doing that because one day he came in the room and I had little interest in talking and his comment was "what are you mad because I didn't come right down here to talk like I normally do?" And then when he gets to bed he wants sex. Why the strange behavior? He used to also text me and say he was on his way home. Now he doesn't and he comes home a little later than normal some days. Am I overreacting?  He used to also text me as soon as he got up and moving to say hi.  Now he doesnt do that either.  What is going on?

I might also add that we just moved in together the first of the year.  And at Christmas he bought me a diamond ring.  Just a small one that was "just a gift"> 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
1der1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM

BUMP!

Chevygirl0617
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you're overreacting a bit. It's possible that he may be taking that hour or so to unwind a bit before he comes to talk to you. He's just gotten home from work, after all. And I wouldn't necessarily freak about the text thing either. 

If he's never given you a reason to doubt him in the past then I would not worry about these small changes. It could very well just be him settling in to being with you all the time and not feeling as if he needs to do those things he did before. If those things matter to you, I would tell him, but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't come to speak to you immediately upon walking in the door. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:17 PM

bump

mhoelzer2988
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I know unfortunately with time some of those things they did in the beginning fade away. My hubby doesn't do a lot of things or say a lot of things he used to eithe but I know he still loves me. We've just got comfy with each other and that puppy love stage is over. That's the best part so its sad it had to end. I can say though that after being with my hubby for over so years we are more affectionate towards one another than a lot of couples i have seen that have been together as long or not as long as us so it makes me feel better. I would just kill him with kindness and guys don't like when u act insecure or accuse them of something. Trust me. Been there done that. No fun. Just causes resentment. I've found that being nice to my hubby and treating him well keeps the fire alive.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM

How are you  more affectionate than other couples?  How do you treat him well and be nice to him versus what others do?

Quoting mhoelzer2988:

Well I know unfortunately with time some of those things they did in the beginning fade away. My hubby doesn't do a lot of things or say a lot of things he used to eithe but I know he still loves me. We've just got comfy with each other and that puppy love stage is over. That's the best part so its sad it had to end. I can say though that after being with my hubby for over so years we are more affectionate towards one another than a lot of couples i have seen that have been together as long or not as long as us so it makes me feel better. I would just kill him with kindness and guys don't like when u act insecure or accuse them of something. Trust me. Been there done that. No fun. Just causes resentment. I've found that being nice to my hubby and treating him well keeps the fire alive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)