Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi. I'm Linda.  I'll introduce myself more in the intro forum but I'm just really stressed out.  I'm overweight to begin with.  It's terrible.  During the summer, I have to put toiletpaper under my breasts in my bra just to stand a chance with the heat.  My husband, Mike, has to remind me to throw the toiletpaper out of my bra before I get into bed or he'll be grossed out to the point of not wanting to have sex with me.  He already doesn't want to and that makes it worse.

Well, we got pregnant.  It's been so bittersweet.  I'm glowing that I have this child in me, our child, but now he sleeps on the couch.  He says I'm flatulant when I sleep and this has never happened before.  Further, I will start to show soon and this is going to make me even bigger and he really won't want to have sex with me. I don't know what to do to make myself sexier for him.

If anyone has suggestions (other than losing weight), I could really use them. Thanks!

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Replies (41-50):
tattedladybug
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM
2 moms liked this

If your going to be mean dont hide behind anonymous! 

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a farting sweaty mess. I don't blame him.

Huggles, Page 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Cowgirl_Momma19
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm not pregnant and my SO teases me about passing gas in my sleep. I'M ASLEEP! Who the hell cares? If I were awake I'd excuse myself. My SO says he never trusts a woman until she farts in front of him. Then again, he's not a dick. Your husband has some unrealistic expectations of you. You're pregnant and will continue to fart! It's natural. Some people produce sweat more easily than others. It's just part of being you. He's a dick head. Let him sleep on the couch.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tattedladybug
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Have you talked to him about what is going on? Does he know what is going to happen as your pregnancy continues. I think you need to tell him that how he is treating you is just hurting more than helping. Then I would maybe do what you can to make yourself feel better. It is not about him it is about how you feel about yourself. Do it for you and no one else. 

alleyo
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Don't sweat it love. Don't listen to all this negative that's being put out. Just set down and talk to him about it. My hubby said if I get fat he would leave. And I told him I really didn't care. If u love some someone ur suppose to love them for who hey r not what they look like. Don't let him put u down. U just do what makes u feel good about ur self. Go and have a girls day out. Go get ur nails done. Just cause he don't like the way u look don't mean u have to put ur self down...
Mznaye
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't offer much advice but I can be a friend to you
michiganmom5150
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM
My friend's dh was not attracted to her while she was preggers at all. After, all was fine. I'd look into to some classes that are for pregnant women. Yoga or water aerobics are great and they offer them at lots if places. You shouldn't be doing any p90x! You have to keep your heart rate low. Get healthy for you and baby! Hopefully your dh will come around. Good luck and sorry there are some meanies on here!
kristyp.
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I'm sorry that must be so hurtful! !!!!! I'm sure its hard but be happy and focus on your growing mini me :)
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM

um why not just start getting fit while pregnant, simple exercise, eating better ect. an then continue this after the baby?

ittybit2012
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Talk to your OB about some toning exercises that are safe for you to do at home.   Ignore the assholes around here.

Or maybe look into a prenatal yoga class.  Keep a food journal and see exactly what it is your eating.  Don't do it for hubby though, do it for yourself and baby.

supermomz25
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Linda, I'm sorry that you are going through this. The best thing that I can suggest is to eat healthy and do light exercising such as walking, swimming. When he sees that you are feeling great about yourself, hopefully that will help him too. Good luck and congrats on the baby to be.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)