Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant and Rectal/Vaginal pressure after vaginal sex??

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

Sorry if this sounds gross but after my dh and I have intercourse, it seems like right after he pulls out, I get a brief rectal and vaginal pressure...It really has me worried. Pre-term labor runs in my family and I know rectal pressure can be a sign of labor but I'm not having contractions or anything. I just don't want to have sex anymore if it is going to cause me to go into labor.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what it is?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jojo_382
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:56 PM
yes is a possible you can go into labor doing that so don't have sex until after the baby I kno this bc of my ob and if premature is in your family then I would be more cautious an not doing anything until after the babies born
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nford2012
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM

How are along are you? Sex can cause you to go into preterm labor and it does thin you out.. I remember being pregnant and the doctor saying close to the due date that its one of the ways to induce labor because i thins things out in the cervics.

coffeemom37043
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I am 24 weeks on Saturday. I dont have an appointment with my doctor until next week, so it just has me freaked out.

Quoting Nford2012:

How are along are you? Sex can cause you to go into preterm labor and it does thin you out.. I remember being pregnant and the doctor saying close to the due date that its one of the ways to induce labor because i thins things out in the cervics.

mamanay041010
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Firstly speak with your OB because every woman and pregnancy is different, I feel the same pressure after sex and I just attribute it to baby moving, but I'm 39 weeks and full term so I'm kind of having sex just so he can get out ;) I say just talk to your OB if there aren't any concerns like you're dilating or contracting too soon or if you you're self doesn't have a history of preterm births you are fine, your OB will let you know if sex is a risk or not

Nford2012
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Just be real careful until you see him/her and ask their advice. Im sure it should be fine. Keep us posted and good luck

Espinosa
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Im 25 weeks pregnant and I feel pressure to but my obgyn says its normal..All that matters is me not having contractions..:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I had pressure the whole time : / Not fun I know but I did.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I would personally hold off on sex until you talk to your doctor. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)