Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I have noticed on several Cafe Mom discusion groups the word slut being thrown about. I am from New Zealand (though lived in USA for a number of years now). I have lived in Austrailia and been lucky enough to spend a lot of time in Great Brittian and South Africa. I have noticed that Americans use the word slut very differently than the rest of the english speaking world.

I have heard slut defined by American a few men as any woman who willingly has sex with a man not her husband.

In the rest of the english speaking world the number of men a woman has sex with is irrelevent. It's the motivation of the sex that makes her a slut. For example a woman can fuck a different man every day for a year, 365 men, and not be considered a slut. However if a virgin has sex with her sisters BF to get revenge on her sister she would be a slut. Or if she has sex with her boss in exchange for a promotion she would be considered a slut. However if the motivation for the sex was for love, lust, fun, pleasure, enjoyment then she could never be a slut no matter how many men she fucked.

So use your pussy to hurt others, or to gain an unfair advantage = slut

Use your pussy to have fun, express love, or help others = Not a slut.

I have also noticed the word "cunt" is used very differently in USA vs the rest of the english speaking world.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Replies (21-29):
LilyFlair
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM

you know what i dont get? Why if a female sleeps with a lot of men shes a slut whore ect, but if a guy does it he sowing his wild oat, enjoying his youth and so on.

aurorarosepsych
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Your definition is pretty much my definition

Quoting Qkala:

So I have noticed on several Cafe Mom discusion groups the word slut being thrown about. I am from New Zealand (though lived in USA for a number of years now). I have lived in Austrailia and been lucky enough to spend a lot of time in Great Brittian and South Africa. I have noticed that Americans use the word slut very differently than the rest of the english speaking world.

I have heard slut defined by American a few men as any woman who willingly has sex with a man not her husband.

In the rest of the english speaking world the number of men a woman has sex with is irrelevent. It's the motivation of the sex that makes her a slut. For example a woman can fuck a different man every day for a year, 365 men, and not be considered a slut. However if a virgin has sex with her sisters BF to get revenge on her sister she would be a slut. Or if she has sex with her boss in exchange for a promotion she would be considered a slut. However if the motivation for the sex was for love, lust, fun, pleasure, enjoyment then she could never be a slut no matter how many men she fucked.

So use your pussy to hurt others, or to gain an unfair advantage = slut

Use your pussy to have fun, express love, or help others = Not a slut.

I have also noticed the word "cunt" is used very differently in USA vs the rest of the english speaking world.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Cunt is usually a slang word for pussy. It's also used by some the same way bitch is used- in a highly derogatory manner to describe a mean or aggressive woman, usually.
Qkala
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:37 AM

That is cause for a man to have sex with a large number of women he has to have something going for him. He has to be strikingly handsom, very charming, rich, or some combination of those things. A woman doesn't have to much at all going for her to "acomplish" the same thing. All she has to do is be there. 

Quoting LilyFlair:

you know what i dont get? Why if a female sleeps with a lot of men shes a slut whore ect, but if a guy does it he sowing his wild oat, enjoying his youth and so on.

Anonymous2u
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:50 AM
I'm interested in knowing what "cunt" means around the world. I hate that word but I'd still like to know. Especially since "fanny=pussy" lol
Qkala
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:04 AM

All women have a vagina, or pussy. However when a woman only have sex with one man, her husband or BF. Her pussy is only available for him then  it would be his cunt. Not in an ownership way, but in an "I have a special relationship with this woman" sort of way. For example during sex with a one night stand a man would never say "or your cunt is so tight", he would say "pussy". But during sex with his wife or GF he would might say that. I never heard the word cunt used to insult a woman until I moved to the USA and from what I can tell here it is the gravest of insults, surpassing bitch by many degrees.

A least that is my experience. YMMV

Quoting Anonymous2u:

I'm interested in knowing what "cunt" means around the world. I hate that word but I'd still like to know. Especially since "fanny=pussy" lol

Anonymous2u
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Yeah that's whatvi take from the American meaning as well which is why I hate it! Its such an ugly word and so disrespectful. But I love the meaning of it in other parts of the world, it could actually be considered a beautiful word. Hmm very interesting! Any other interesting words?

Quoting Qkala:

All women have a vagina, or pussy. However when a woman only have sex with one man, her husband or BF. Her pussy is only available for him then  it would be his cunt. Not in an ownership way, but in an "I have a special relationship with this woman" sort of way. For example during sex with a one night stand a man would never say "or your cunt is so tight", he would say "pussy". But during sex with his wife or GF he would might say that. I never heard the word cunt used to insult a woman until I moved to the USA and from what I can tell here it is the gravest of insults, surpassing bitch by many degrees.

A least that is my experience. YMMV

Quoting Anonymous2u:

LetoLiebe
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM

LOL, That's funny. I heard that from one of my foreign friends once, but thought he was BS-ing me. I see no good reason to apply either the term nor the the item in my life. I hate those things, seriously. 

Quoting Qkala:

Then I should tell you about the word "fanny". You'll never see "fanny packs" the same. In the rest of the english speaking world it means fanny means pussy.

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

That's interesting. I love hearing about how the same word in English means different things in other English speaking countries. 

midjet117
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Lol that's like the saying "giving head" in my mind its just oral sex on a male. On here women use it as oral sex on a female. Kinda urks me a little.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN