Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SLUT!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM
  • 29 Replies
3 moms liked this

So I have noticed on several Cafe Mom discusion groups the word slut being thrown about. I am from New Zealand (though lived in USA for a number of years now). I have lived in Austrailia and been lucky enough to spend a lot of time in Great Brittian and South Africa. I have noticed that Americans use the word slut very differently than the rest of the english speaking world.

I have heard slut defined by American a few men as any woman who willingly has sex with a man not her husband.

In the rest of the english speaking world the number of men a woman has sex with is irrelevent. It's the motivation of the sex that makes her a slut. For example a woman can fuck a different man every day for a year, 365 men, and not be considered a slut. However if a virgin has sex with her sisters BF to get revenge on her sister she would be a slut. Or if she has sex with her boss in exchange for a promotion she would be considered a slut. However if the motivation for the sex was for love, lust, fun, pleasure, enjoyment then she could never be a slut no matter how many men she fucked.

So use your pussy to hurt others, or to gain an unfair advantage = slut

Use your pussy to have fun, express love, or help others = Not a slut.

I have also noticed the word "cunt" is used very differently in USA vs the rest of the english speaking world.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansFabMom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Uh...I don't use that language but I see where you're coming from.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Qkala
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I would NEVER use that word in reference to another person. I only posted this after reading several women on here refering to themselves that way. Also was not posting my opinion, just my observation of cultural differences. 

Quoting EthansFabMom:

Uh...I don't use that language but I see where you're coming from.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I guess it is view differently in other parts of the world. I do agree with what you said. I don't call a woman a slut for no reason. She has to do something really bad to get called that.

mybaby77
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not  a slut I very much enjoy fucking my bf...  and I don't mind him calling me his slut in the bedroom, 

HanaJoii
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I thinks its a combination of how many and motivation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I completely agree with you, I think the word has more to do with a woman's motivation behind her actions rather than her partner count. So I'm a woman and I enjoy sex that doesn't make me a slut. It's sad that this double standard still exists between men and women.
mrs.cruz85
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM

by definition, a slut is a woman who is untidy in her personal  apprearance.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:07 PM

That's interesting. I love hearing about how the same word in English means different things in other English speaking countries. 

Qkala
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:06 PM
4 moms liked this

Then I should tell you about the word "fanny". You'll never see "fanny packs" the same. In the rest of the english speaking world it means fanny means pussy.

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

That's interesting. I love hearing about how the same word in English means different things in other English speaking countries. 

joaquinsmommy7
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Yikes lol

Quoting Qkala:

Then I should tell you about the word "fanny". You'll never see "fanny packs" the same. In the rest of the english speaking world it means fanny means pussy.

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN