Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I have noticed on several Cafe Mom discusion groups the word slut being thrown about. I am from New Zealand (though lived in USA for a number of years now). I have lived in Austrailia and been lucky enough to spend a lot of time in Great Brittian and South Africa. I have noticed that Americans use the word slut very differently than the rest of the english speaking world.

I have heard slut defined by American a few men as any woman who willingly has sex with a man not her husband.

In the rest of the english speaking world the number of men a woman has sex with is irrelevent. It's the motivation of the sex that makes her a slut. For example a woman can fuck a different man every day for a year, 365 men, and not be considered a slut. However if a virgin has sex with her sisters BF to get revenge on her sister she would be a slut. Or if she has sex with her boss in exchange for a promotion she would be considered a slut. However if the motivation for the sex was for love, lust, fun, pleasure, enjoyment then she could never be a slut no matter how many men she fucked.

So use your pussy to hurt others, or to gain an unfair advantage = slut

Use your pussy to have fun, express love, or help others = Not a slut.

I have also noticed the word "cunt" is used very differently in USA vs the rest of the english speaking world.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
nbgg8687
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I think that's a good way of explaining a slut lol. Although, most women dont have sex with 365 different men unless she is seeking something.... usually. I have had this discussion with my DH before, and as long as shes not competing to have sex with a man with another female, doing it for money or any other reason, and not screwing someone else's DH, orrr if shes not married.... then have all the sex you want!!!! GO GET EM TIGER! Just make sure you have him wrap it before he taps it and there isn't a ring on the finger :) 

nbgg8687
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Totally just giggled 

Mommytorn
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Umm I thought fanny meant butt? Where did you heard it means pussy?

Quoting Qkala:

Then I should tell you about the word "fanny". You'll never see "fanny packs" the same. In the rest of the english speaking world it means fanny means pussy.

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

That's interesting. I love hearing about how the same word in English means different things in other English speaking countries. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Qkala
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM

It does mean pussy in all the english speaking world except USA. I know it means pussy for the same reason you know pussy means vagina.

Quoting Mommytorn:

Umm I thought fanny meant butt? Where did you heard it means pussy?

GraceStrickland
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I'm from American but your definition of the word slut is the way I see it as well, although I don't use that word.  As far as "cunt" goes, I'm 31 and have never understood exactly what it refers to but assumed it was synonomous with "bitch" as far is it is used as an insulting name.

Anyway, I don't use those words but it's interesting to hear your take on them, and you picked the place to post it so thank you =)

KRIZZ25
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
i dont like ether word.i dont use em .
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I agree with you for the most part. I don't really like the world slut. I've only been with my husband and that was a personal choice. I like to appreciate other people's personal choices as well : )

Qkala
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Let me be clear. I was NOT posting MY opinion, or my take on anything. I posted as a matter of interest after seeing numerous posts here on Cafe Mom where women called themselves or others a slut. Its not a word I have ever said myself in relation to another person. I thought some people might like an international perspective.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Woah! Good to know!

Quoting Qkala:

Then I should tell you about the word "fanny". You'll never see "fanny packs" the same. In the rest of the english speaking world it means fanny means pussy.

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

That's interesting. I love hearing about how the same word in English means different things in other English speaking countries. 

nicalina
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM
That's funny, I heard about "fanny" from my bf, who's from New Zealand as well, but not about the slut thing. I'll have to ask him his definition.. I just think it's funny how freely they use the word "cunt"!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)