Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 17 Replies

My husband works 12 hour days right now he is on night shift. When he is on day shift him and I can't keep our hands off from each other. When he is on night shift we both want to mess around, but makes it hard because when I am getting up he is going to bed when I wake him up I have to go get my nephew off from the bus then I have to feed the lunch make sure my nephew does his home work and so forth. I guess what I am trying to find out is how many of your mans work 12 hour days and are on night shift and how do y'all have your alone time?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cuttieiam
by Bella (California) on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Well for me ... He works the same 2 weeks days 6-6 and 2 weeks night's and when he works nights .... We only see each other for a couple of mins I work 8-5
Chakita0912
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

That really has to be rough. My husband working nights one week and then the next works days. Dang it man.

Quoting cuttieiam:

Well for me ... He works the same 2 weeks days 6-6 and 2 weeks night's and when he works nights .... We only see each other for a couple of mins I work 8-5

sewingmama88
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM

my hubby works 630-430 6 days a week so we dont really see him much bc he comes home and goes to sleep shortly after he gets home

GOYA
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It's hard for me and my dh because he's a Marine and he's always working. And he's deploying soon so we take it when we can get it. We have 3 kids and two of them are teenagers and they seem to make it harder lol..Why can't they be like regular teenage girls a nd be with there friends in the weekends...lol

Jazzy2010
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:47 PM
My dh works night shifts and I take some classes online/ on campus. Both of our boys are at school during the day. So we mess around during that time. I hate to admit when the kids are in their bedrooms upstairs too. It makes it more exciting.we haven't gotten caught either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chakita0912
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I am sorry to hear that. I know that it isn't easy.  

Quoting sewingmama88:

my hubby works 630-430 6 days a week so we dont really see him much bc he comes home and goes to sleep shortly after he gets home

Chakita0912
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Damn that is hard. I am sorry. I hope that he comes home to y'all safe. Hopefully he isn't deployed to long.  

Quoting GOYA:

It's hard for me and my dh because he's a Marine and he's always working. And he's deploying soon so we take it when we can get it. We have 3 kids and two of them are teenagers and they seem to make it harder lol..Why can't they be like regular teenage girls a nd be with there friends in the weekends...lol

Chakita0912
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM

We do that sometimes. Except when the kids are in the living room watching tv and we are in the bedroom. It does make it more exciting, but it is far few in between. I can't rememeber the last time that we had a night to our selves. Don't get me wrong I love being a mom, but sometimes it is nice having a night just him and I.  

Quoting Jazzy2010:

My dh works night shifts and I take some classes online/ on campus. Both of our boys are at school during the day. So we mess around during that time. I hate to admit when the kids are in their bedrooms upstairs too. It makes it more exciting.we haven't gotten caught either.

BelindaDuvessa
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I'm the one who works the 12 hour shift, with him being the SAH Parent.  Honestly, when I get home, if I'm in the mood we just got for it.  Our kiddos are young enough that they are usually asleep still when I get home, so we get a couple of hours of quiet time before they wake.  Perfect for this.  Our alone time usually happens on my days off, though. I work 2 on, then 2 off.

sewingmama88
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Yea it is hard

Quoting Chakita0912:

I am sorry to hear that. I know that it isn't easy.  

Quoting sewingmama88:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN