• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband works 12 hour days right now he is on night shift. When he is on day shift him and I can't keep our hands off from each other. When he is on night shift we both want to mess around, but makes it hard because when I am getting up he is going to bed when I wake him up I have to go get my nephew off from the bus then I have to feed the lunch make sure my nephew does his home work and so forth. I guess what I am trying to find out is how many of your mans work 12 hour days and are on night shift and how do y'all have your alone time?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Replies (11-17):
GOYA
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Thank you.

Quoting Chakita0912:

Damn that is hard. I am sorry. I hope that he comes home to y'all safe. Hopefully he isn't deployed to long.  

Quoting GOYA:

It's hard for me and my dh because he's a Marine and he's always working. And he's deploying soon so we take it when we can get it. We have 3 kids and two of them are teenagers and they seem to make it harder lol..Why can't they be like regular teenage girls a nd be with there friends in the weekends...lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chakita0912
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM

It wouldn't be so bad if he did have some days off, but when he is suppose to have a couple of days off he ussally has to work and only ends up with one that is for switching. I am sorry that you have to work 12 hour shifts. Ours are little enough also where we can have alone time, but my husband is sometimes to tired.

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

I'm the one who works the 12 hour shift, with him being the SAH Parent.  Honestly, when I get home, if I'm in the mood we just got for it.  Our kiddos are young enough that they are usually asleep still when I get home, so we get a couple of hours of quiet time before they wake.  Perfect for this.  Our alone time usually happens on my days off, though. I work 2 on, then 2 off.

Cheribomb
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM
My hubs works mon - thurs & every other fri / 5p-5a .. We can't have sex during the week :( just no alone time. When he gets home (530a) our girls are just waking up. When he wakes up, they are just getting home from school. They are too old for us to sneak off for a quickie lol. We just make sure to have sex every night he is off. So one weekend we have fri, sat & sun next weekend sat & sun. It's all we can do. I hate that he works nights but he has done it for 10years now & don't see him changing positions any time soon.
Chakita0912
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I am sorry. We try to get our alone time as much as possible. Lately just seems harder then normal. Today he got home late then when I woke him up he had to go into town so that he can finish working on a friends car and then he was gone again. So, I seen him maybe 30 minutes today.

Quoting Cheribomb:

My hubs works mon - thurs & every other fri / 5p-5a .. We can't have sex during the week :( just no alone time. When he gets home (530a) our girls are just waking up. When he wakes up, they are just getting home from school. They are too old for us to sneak off for a quickie lol. We just make sure to have sex every night he is off. So one weekend we have fri, sat & sun next weekend sat & sun. It's all we can do. I hate that he works nights but he has done it for 10years now & don't see him changing positions any time soon.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM

He works a regular 9-5 so we make time after the kid's go to bed

Kelsey89
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Can you wake him up a half an hour earlier? Have some alone time then do the nephew thing.

Chakita0912
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:37 AM
He would just be really cranky. I already wake him up 30 minutes before he normally gets up, but thanks for the idea. He has to stay late tomorrow so, he isn't going to be getting a whole lot of sleep tomorrow.

Quoting Kelsey89:

Can you wake him up a half an hour earlier? Have some alone time then do the nephew thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)