Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok ladies, need some advice. Is it possible to become allergic to a guys sperm?? On nights that my husband and I have sex before going to sleep I always wake up the next morning itching. When I say itching, I mean I go "aww"....after scratching, its that bad. I have never done that before with any guy, including my husband. This just started within the last 6 months. Could I really be allergic or is something else going on??? Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Replies (11-16):
HyrulianHeroine
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

You could be. "Women's bodies can react to proteins in their partner's semen and to medications and foods he's eaten that can be present in his ejaculate,"  Symptoms include an itchy rash and vaginal swelling and soreness.

First, see your doctor. She can rule out other problems such as an infection. If that's not the cause, see an allergist to test for semen sensitivity. If positive, you can use condoms, or your allergist can develop a specially prepared antidote from your partner's semen, which she injects into you to prevent symptoms from cropping up.

Raindancerx
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM

It could be that but it is rare but it could also be a different soap or lotion or possibly a sign of an STD. It could also be some kind of infection. Iw ould go see your gyno and she/he can test you for anything that could be going on.

beckolette
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Yes in fact it kept us from concieving for a year. It wasn't the sperm it was the carrier fluid. My allergy to his fluids caused my body to attack and kill the sperm. With time and adjustments we still have the itch at times but we did have 3 wonderful boys. 

Wash up right away afterwards and that should help. If you still have an inner itch, check with the gyne before using a douche. You want to keep the inner works as close to natural with this. 

To figure out if it is really his fluids you are itching from have him put some in a jar or cup. Rub some on the inner thigh and see if you react. No reaction, try, no rubber, sex and avoid the ejact. If you itch from no fluids it may be the friction that is irratating you. More wettness should solve that. 

admf
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Thanks ladies for all the wonderful tips. Ya'll are awesome.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Diamondblue1
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM

are you itching in the place that he dropped the goop on or just in general

twade26
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM

You might be allergic to something he's eating and it's being secreted through his sperm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)