Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help on how to save this relationship. Please help!!!?!?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

The BF and I dont see each other much during the week.  We talk a bit when he gets home in the nite, and half a couple half days off together.  So when I do see him, i want him to just be with me.....going somewhere, chatting, or just being in the room with me.  

He asked if wanted to go to mall with him quick, I did.  He didnt really talk to me, was short with answers.  After got back I started dinner, he complained about everything I did, so I told him to do it.  Then he ignored me through dinner like I was talking to a wall.  After dinner he went out in the garage and got a heater going.  I asked if he would be in there all nite, he said no..  I got my purse and said that I was going to walmart as he wanted to be in the garage.  He got pissed over that.  As we were sitting in living room together I said "is this how all nites are going to be where we dont talk?'"  He says "i am watching tv.  I have nothing to say to you.  You are being ridiculous.  And it puzzles me why  you are up so late (10;30).  You can count our nitely conversations over when I get home from work."  My reply is "what are you doing that you dont want me up so late, and if the conversations are over....so is the sex because that is the only time that you want it is when you get home from work and have been drinking."

I said to him "well lately I dont see anything here to even call this a relationship''.  It feels like it is pretty much over.  He says "that's you saying that.  The only problem i have is when you get mad so quick.  You are the one that says things about it being over."

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I am so confused here. So, he is saying he isn't going to talk to you when he comes home from work? And how has he been drinking when he gets off work? Does he drink at work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:43 AM

When he gets home from work we usually talk for a couple hours.  When he comes home from work he starts in drinking.  No he doesnt drink at work.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am so confused here. So, he is saying he isn't going to talk to you when he comes home from work? And how has he been drinking when he gets off work? Does he drink at work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Okay, your writing is really hard to follow. If he becomes an ass when he drinks, then you need to tell him that he needs to quit drinking. On the flip side, if he becomes happy when he drinks, you need to tell him to stop drinking. If alcohol influences your mood that much, it's a problem. Also, are you giving him time to decompress after work before you start getting offended about him not talking to you? Some men need time to wind down, maybe that's the problem. Do you two have kids together?

Quoting Anonymous:

When he gets home from work we usually talk for a couple hours.  When he comes home from work he starts in drinking.  No he doesnt drink at work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:49 AM
From the sounds of it...I'd leave. I wouldn't even try to save it. Especially if he always drinks after work. I wouldn't keep a mood killer around. I like to be happy and be myself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:50 AM

When he is drinking he is all talkative, otherwise he is all clammed up.  When he comes home from work, I wait for him to come find me and start chatting.  I dont go find him.  I let him do his thing with winding down etc.  I get offended about him not talking when we both have time off together, like last nite.  He was off all day, I worked and when I got home this all took place.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, your writing is really hard to follow. If he becomes an ass when he drinks, then you need to tell him that he needs to quit drinking. On the flip side, if he becomes happy when he drinks, you need to tell him to stop drinking. If alcohol influences your mood that much, it's a problem. Also, are you giving him time to decompress after work before you start getting offended about him not talking to you? Some men need time to wind down, maybe that's the problem. Do you two have kids together?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Right now I just don't feel like there is anything there except my heart.  I do love him.  I just want to be with him more and that he apparently does not like.  

Quoting Anonymous:

From the sounds of it...I'd leave. I wouldn't even try to save it. Especially if he always drinks after work. I wouldn't keep a mood killer around. I like to be happy and be myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Ah, I see! That definitely sounds odd. Almost like he was aggravated that you were there. IDK maybe you should just end it. It's just a boyfriend, after all. Don't settle for less than you deserve. 

Quoting Anonymous:

When he is drinking he is all talkative, otherwise he is all clammed up.  When he comes home from work, I wait for him to come find me and start chatting.  I dont go find him.  I let him do his thing with winding down etc.  I get offended about him not talking when we both have time off together, like last nite.  He was off all day, I worked and when I got home this all took place.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Am I doing something wrong?  Should I not want to be around him when we are both home/  Should I sit in the living room and him in the family room?  Should we do our own things?  

Quoting Anonymous:

Ah, I see! That definitely sounds odd. Almost like he was aggravated that you were there. IDK maybe you should just end it. It's just a boyfriend, after all. Don't settle for less than you deserve. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)