Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HSV2- Im sure im not the only one here... riiiight?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 18 Replies

About a year ago my ex bf cheated on me while he was working offshore...with TWO other MEN!
I had no clue about it and after his hitch, he came home and of course we had sex like we usually did.. Then his offshore roommate sent me pics of my ex and two other guys 'in the act!' and warned me to go get checked... sure enough, there i was sitting in the dr office finding out that i now have HSV2 (genital herpes) and a cheating bf...
But that wasnt all... i also had a miscarriage while finding all of this out... talk about CRUSHED!
Needless to say, he and i dont talk anymore and he has never once even apologized.

On the other hand, the new bf and i have been together about 6 months and waited 5 months to even have sex with each other. We were friends before we started dating and i told him about my 'condition' waaayyyy ahead of time!

My bf is an AMAZING man and does more than he realizes for my son and myself.
Our sex life is hot! And it's hard for us to get around each other without some form of touching or kissing.. WE LOVE IT!

Im not on birth control, but i do take my daily meds for HSV2 twice a day every day so that i wont have an outbreak and i cant spread it to my hun.. He insist on using a condom, which im okay with because neither of us are ready for another child right now, but he complains sometimes about the condom reducing the feeling of 'ME'......

We are always very open about everything , but lately ive wondered if he really wants the condoms because of a pregnancy scare or because of my HSV2....
Should i just ask him??? 

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheyMar90
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM

btw- i didnt mean for this post to be SOOOOO long! sorry ladies (:

princesscayte
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd definitely ask him up front. You've been in a relationship long enough to be open about all aspects of your life
AdVitam
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd say ask AS LONG AS you are ready to hear that it's because of HSV2.

It may be, may not be.

But if it is the real reason, you need to be able to handle it without feeling hurt or angry before you ask.

And if you do ask and it IS the reason, then remember he isn't lying to you in his eyes. Just trying not to hurt you. Obviously it's better to be upfront but guys are weird like that.
CheyMar90
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM

in the beginning we had a discussion about the whole hsv2 thing and he said that he trust me and knows that ill take my meds daily and not pass it to him intentionally... and i do take my meds like im suppose to, in the morning while we are up cooking breakfast together he sees me take it.. im just hoping that isnt the reason :/

sewingmama88
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I would just ask him and go from there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should ask him if you want to know.

Honestly, I have had HSV2 for 30 years. I do recall something called asymptomatic shedding, where you can spread the virus and not have any symptoms. 

I am married to a man who isn't concerened if he gets it so he does not wear protection and he had a vasectomy so I can't get pregnant.

The condom may redue feeling. Have you ried other kinds like ribbed ones and all?

While I can't stop you from being upset if this is the reason he is wearing condoms. I can say as infected person I don't blame him. Since I have had it for so long and I have not had an out break for years. Butit was kind of bad for me for a long time and I woudn't wish it on anyone.

You didn't ask for advice but I don't take Dr. prescibed meds any more, not saying you shouldn't. But might I suggest a suppliment? I take L-Lysine. It's an amino acid that is helpful controling the virus. Coudn't hurt to add it. I take 100mg per day. It also has other health benefits.

Good luck.

CheyMar90
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM

i dont blame him at all if he is scared to get it, i cant say that i was too excited whenever i found out about myself lol
But i would never pass it to him intentionally and im willing to do whatever it takes to reduce the chance of him catching it. He just mentions and complains from time to time that with the condom on, he cant feel much..
Do you think maybe the condom is just too tight? Or do other men say that too? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, I have had HSV2 for 30 years. I do recall something called asymptomatic shedding, where you can spread the virus and not have any symptoms. 

I am married to a man who isn't concerened if he gets it so he does not wear protection and he had a vasectomy so I can't get pregnant.

The condom may redue feeling. Have you ried other kinds like ribbed ones and all?

While I can't stop you from being upset if this is the reason he is wearing condoms. I can say as infected person I don't blame him. Since I have had it for so long and I have not had an out break for years. Butit was kind of bad for me for a long time and I woudn't wish it on anyone.

You didn't ask for advice but I don't take Dr. prescibed meds any more, not saying you shouldn't. But might I suggest a suppliment? I take L-Lysine. It's an amino acid that is helpful controling the virus. Coudn't hurt to add it. I take 100mg per day. It also has other health benefits.

Good luck.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Oh, I would be sitting in jail right now for cutting off his balls! As for your current BF, just talk to him about it.

ajohnson08099
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I think id ask him. But like others said don't be surprised with te answer... BUT don't get offended if that scarex him so much he wouldn't be with you at all. So which ever reason its to prevent something unwanted and not you.
CheyMar90
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM

btw- thank you so much for the advice, i will look into that L-Lysine in just a moment.
Currently i take Acyclovir 400 mg twice daily, and it seems to help. I have only had one outbreak and that was my first one.. it was HORRIBLE! but i also had a uti, and a misscarriage all at the same time.
i would never wish it upon anyone.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN