Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So it has been three weeks since SO has even touched me romantically. I found texts on his phone to another woman saying that he wants to be with her and that he and I are just friends when I confronted him about it he went into a rant about me not trusting him or loving him enought to know he was just "joking" with the gurl and that he would never act on anything that he said to her. I want to believe him but I have been hurt like this before with my dd's father and he actually cheated on me. I know SO hasn't cheated cause he is home with me all the time since he got laid off several months ago but that doesn't excuse his "texting" behavior. I don't want to leave him cause I love him but Idk what to do anymore cause I am hurting.

Thanks for all of your replies my so and I have been talking non stop for three days about the problem and he knows how I feel he has since stopped talking to the other person and now lets me well actually wants me to check his messages cause he knows the trust is gone and I think he is trying to get it back Idk what is going to happen from here on but I am hopeful.

Update 2.
Thanks for all of the advice he and I are still working though our trust issues and he says that he won't do it again but only time will tell.
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Replies (11-15):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Leave him. It sounds like he is cheating to me but if you don't think he is then it your choice to believe that

Nicki1995
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM
This!

Quoting SareyF:

He may not be physically cheating on you, but he is carrying on in a way that is not okay and that leads to emotional cheating at least. He's not joking with her, he's feeding you bullshit because he wants his cake and to eat it too. He wants to string you along, at least for now, while he chases tail. I don't think I'd be trying to get his attention sexually right now. I think if it were my SO, I'd be confronting him and demanding truth and a plan of what he was going to do to either fix it or get the F out.

Nicki1995
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Why is it such a big deal to look at his phone? Hubby and i look at each others phones off and on and have no problems with it. Especially since we aren't hiding anything

Quoting luvlazydaze:

You should not have been looking at his phone, but you know that. All his actions sound like guilt to me. And there has to be trust issues and no trust does not a good foundation make

PartyGalAnne
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM

You love him but he obviously has no repect for you.

You both need to decide what you want in your marriage, and what is acceptable behavior.

createive
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM

My EX had emotional affair. Not that you guys can't work though this but not I said "my EX"....

Talk to him about it or try to go to counseling.

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)