Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it safe?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I went to the hospitial about a week ago due to cramps I was having in my lower stomach, and I was bleeding a little. The docotor told me it was because I had a little blood around my placenta. Well the discharge papers I recieved (which I always read) said not to have sex for at least 2-3 weeks. I haven't bled in 6 days. I know my husband is frustarted with not having sex but I am scared we are goingt o hurt the baby. I am only 10 weeks. I don't know if any of this is normal or happened to anyone before. If any of you ladies has had this happen before or knoww anything about it, would it be okay to have sex? Or it's a no go operation?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicki1995
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't have sex until the 2 or 3 weeks. It will be safer for the baby. And when you do, be gentle
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM
NO!! Ok. So it sounds like they might be worried you develop placenta previa. The cervix is especially sensitive right now anf your uterus contracys during sex and orgasm. So no. I would wait. The placenta is kore firmly affixed by 13 -17 weeka. Wait til your next appointment and don't risk it.
jjchick75
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I would wait. When I was pregnant with my twins I was on bed rest for about 19 weeks of my 35 week pregnancy. Your husband will just have to be an adult and deal with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I was on bed rest til 16 weeks due to that. Give him a bj or hand job
ajohnson08099
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Yea its not worth risking your childs life because he is horny.

You could call and ask I guess otherwise show off your other skills
TheLadyAmalthea
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Do what the doctor told you to do, and don't have sex! I bled during my first pregnancy and didn't have sex for over a month! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Please wait! What's more important you and your baby or your man getting off!?If he gets frustrated over a couple of weeks of no sex, then you may need to have a little talk with him! What's going to happen when you have to wait the 6 weeks after the baby's born? (Hopefully your not like me and actually have to wait the full 6 weeks;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Follow the paper to what the doctor told you unless you don't care for your childs safety. If he is more interested in his sexual needs than your childs well being, then that's a pity. I would not risk it.
WonderWomanSV
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Give him a bj.
keepinupw3
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM

ok ,, when i was pregnant for the first time.. 10 yrs ago.. , my dh and i were going at it , i think i was around 12 wks. and after i had bleeding, and so i went in to see dr he said , sometimes is normal and to just watch it . so thats what we did , and i think we took a break from sex, but i was sure that when we tried again , that we took things very slow. just to be safe.. you know. so just go easy for a while ,, after that incident i had no more bleeding. she was fine, turned 10 two weeks ago.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)