Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Useless in the Bedroom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I am 8 months post pregnancy and I don't feel in the mood very often anymore. I feel doughy and exhausted. I am also taking zoloft for ppd.

My partner says that he understands that it will take awhile to get back into the swing of things, but he is always making cracks about not getting any. (It has been about 2 weeks). Just recently he was whining because I didn't have sex with him on his birthday.

Anyone have any tips.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Taylorzoe
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Ask your doctors to change you depression med that helped me. An are u on a birth control because that also kills libido
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I have a MIrena IUD. I am not sure if that kills libido like other birth control methods. Any depression med you would recommend?

Quoting Taylorzoe:

Ask your doctors to change you depression med that helped me. An are u on a birth control because that also kills libido

Taylorzoe
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
If it releases a hormone usually it lowers sex drive.
I'm sorry I can't make recommendations same thing here but I just take mine every other day instead.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a MIrena IUD. I am not sure if that kills libido like other birth control methods. Any depression med you would recommend?

Quoting Taylorzoe:

michelles89
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I lost my sex drive for 4 months after my dd but these last 3 have been Normal I have implanon they said it was common side effect my hubby was understanding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vixen321
by on May. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM

mmm First, make sure he knows that making cracks at you isn't going to help anything. Second, it could be your meds or your IUD. I use to have issues with libido when i was on BC so i got the IUD without hormones. I love it. My periods are heavier but I deal with that. Try to put something sexy on one night and see how you feel. Ask your hubby to give you a massage to help you relax and see if that will put you in the mood. Do you get more in the mood when you start having sex or are you just turned off the whole time? i use to not want to take my clothes off. Like I was to lazy to even want to take my clothes off for sex. It sucked and i didn't know why i felt that way. I honestly just had sex even though I didn't want to. I knew it was something my husband needed and i wanted to make him happy. 

ilovemyrileybug
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Oh hun I guess talk to your gyno. But making cracks may be his way of just trying to make light of a situation thats bothering you, letting you know its not that big of a deal to him and he loves you no matter what. But i guess that would all depend on what hes actually saying. If what he says is hurting you then talk to him about it and see if he stops. Im sorry you feel that way. I hope you feel better soon.
KRIZZ25
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM
get him some lub and say here is ur hard .have fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I've heard Wellbutrin doesn't mess with libido.

SareyF
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I'd feel sad if my hubby and I didn't have sex very often or if he didn't give me birthday sex. I make cracks about it too. Better to try to be humorous about it than to be showing you're bummed out and frustrated.
I'd fake it till I make it and talk to my doctor. I'm sure it's hard on both of you and you should come to some middle ground.
frangiemily
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM

depression medicine makes u NOT wanting to...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)