Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We never kiss...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Me and my husband don't kiss, well at least not passionately. We do light pecks on the lips but mostly on the cheeks or neck.

I think the main reason we don't kiss is because he doesn't brush his teeth but maybe once a week at the most. His teeth aren't bad looking, he has all veneers, but I can't stop thinking about all the germs in his mouth and gums. I ask him to brush his teeth, but I feel like a bad person when I do.

I want to have that feeling of passion again...

Can anyone relate to this?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michelle0609
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I sure can mine does not brush every day but if i say somehting he will do it for me I lvoe him so we have lots of passionate kisses but ,it does make you self conscienous  and htinking about it and who wants to have totell their Husband to brush his teeth he is an adult should do ito n his own ! Will he use mouth wash ? 

evangraciesmom
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I can sort of relate.  My husband and I dont have passionate kisses either.  We do plenty of the little pecky lip kisses but even when we are having sex we dont have those deep passionate curl your toes kind of kisses. Never have.  My reasons are far different from yours though. While my husband brushes his teeth twice a day every day as do I , my problem is that I dont really like the way he kisses.  I never let it bother me before but as I get older ( I am almost 38) I want those kinds of kisses.  I cant imagine going the rest of my life not having passionate kisses. I have tried to just "go with it" and let him kiss the way he knows how but it drives me crazy.  I have mentioned it before a long time ago and he just simply stated that he didnt think it was an issue.  We are coming up on our 10 year wedding anniversary, have been together for 13 years. Thats a long time with kisses that are to sloppy and have no direction.   I am a big reader and have been reading more and more romance and erotica type books and the sad thing to me is that the sex parts of those books dont get to me as much as the kissing does.   :/  Good luck, sounds like we both need it.

sugareemommee
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
6 moms liked this
Why are these grown men not brushing their teeth?!?

Sorry. Can't relate momma. I'd be skeeved too if I was you :(
lovemyhoney19
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Why does he not brush his teeth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Mine has real teeth but Im in the exact same boat!!! It makes me cringe if he wants to kiss... :0/
SSweetcupcake
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:36 PM
No I can't relate . I avoid kissing my husband until he brushes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheLadyAmalthea
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know why, but I am always surprised when I read posts on cafemom about grown men having hygeine worse than a 5 year old with negelctful parents. My husband brushes his teeth three times a day. He also showers once, sometimes twice a day (he works outside in the heat). I don't understand why there are grown men who don't shower or brush their teeth? Tell him to brush his teeth, even if you have to do it yourself... It is gross when people don't brush their teeth, I don't care if they are real or fake teeth. The human mouth is a disgusting place full of bacteria that festers and smells, thus the invention of the toothbrush and toothpaste.

jcrenshawswifey
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Why doesn't he brush his teeth? While I do kiss DH when he has smelly breath, it's never the deep open moth ones we do when his breath is fresh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 5:43 PM

We don't kiss because he does not like kissing.

Michelle0609
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:55 PM

So sorry to hear that evangraciesmom that is heart breaking and al ong time to go out with such a thing I hope you get you passionate kisses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)