Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you consider this rape?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 14 Replies

When I was 18, I went to senior beach week with a group of friends to Myrtle Beach. On our last night there, we all got pretty drunk and one of our guy friends disappeared out of the room. We started looking for him and I found him sitting next to his car. I helped him up and he said he wanted to sleep in his car so I helped him into the back seat. He pulled me in with him cause he wanted to talk. We talked a few minutes, and were flirting like crazy. I had apparently more to drink than I thought because I passed out for a few minutes and when I woke up, my pants were around my ankles and we were having sex.

I was telling my fiance about this last night and he said I was raped, yet I never felt like I was. I have never thought of it as rape because had I been sober, I would have had sex with him. Not saying this is an excuse for him or that other womens rapes weren't real, I just never thought of it in that way. Whta do you think? Would you think I was raped?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitsun
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Yes. You were drunk and unable to cencent, which is the same as saying no had you been sober. A lot of women on here will tell you it wasn't rape however, because you admitted you'd have been willing if you were sober.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma06
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM

That's what he was saying. I would never tell another woman she wasn't raped, but for me in this case I just don't feel like it was. Oh well, I guess in this one it is all in your perspective I guess.

Quoting Kitsun:

Yes. You were drunk and unable to cencent, which is the same as saying no had you been sober. A lot of women on here will tell you it wasn't rape however, because you admitted you'd have been willing if you were sober.

emilysmom8
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Yes, you were alseep and woke up with a guy having sex with u, how is that not rape?
Kitsun
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM
A case like this, I think it comes down to, do YOU think you were raped? If you don't, then you don't report it, don't press charges, end of story. On the legal side, it would be rape tho, and he'd lose the case in court

Quoting alexsmomma06:

That's what he was saying. I would never tell another woman she wasn't raped, but for me in this case I just don't feel like it was. Oh well, I guess in this one it is all in your perspective I guess.

Quoting Kitsun:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roseblossom90
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I would say it was rape.

alexsmomma06
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Quoting Kitsun:

Well this was 8yrs ago. I don't think it was but SO said it,was so i was looking for others views. Thank you for your input!!
DeLaLi
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:28 PM
You were because you were passed out unable to say whether you wanted to do it or not. Regardless, you were being taken advantage of.
la_bella_vita
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Yes, it was rape. You never consented

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok I had something kinda like tbis happen. Its not as if I'd have said no if I hadn't been asleep. Honestly he was asleep too. When I woke up I was just like "oh ok this is happening. Lets go" I never would have thought of it as rape. I think some would. I guess I figured some part of me was aware enough to let it happen and that if I hadn't been ok with it I would have done something. No I don't feel like I was raped in any way. I woke him up and he was equally surprised at the situatio .
mom2priceboys
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:39 AM

well, just cuz you dont remember and say "passed out" it could have been more of a black out and you were still conversing with this man and since you were both druck he thought it was consentual. Kind of a let it go issues at this point, right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)