Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Big Talk... Kinda OT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
How do I approach this? I'm in a new relationship. This man is amazing. We have talked about the fiture together. We are completely crazy about one another. There has been mention of him adopting my son and things like that but ultimately.... I want a baby. Now. I want one with this man. And I want one while my son is still young. I'm just nervous about starting this conversation. I don't want to freak him out but I want him to know what I want too. I waited 7 uears with my ec only for our relationship to fall apart afterwards. I don't want to wait again.
How did you tell him you wanted a child?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mybaby77
by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:39 PM

How long have you guys been together?   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM
8 months. I know plenty of people will say its too soon. I get that. But honestly they don't know me. If I didn't see a long committed relationship with the man I wouldn't have had a third date with him. We live together. We are a committed couple with shared children. His twin boys are 14. My son is 2. We are buying a house together. I say its new but its also very committed. We are in ot for the long haul. I know he wants another child I just don't know if he wants one now. But I do.
mybaby77
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:15 PM
With all that it shouldn't be hard to ask him.... Maybe over dinner or just sitting on the couch watching Tv, just say "honey when do you think we can start trying to get pregnant?"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Lol! That sounds perfect. Clearly I'm overthi nking this lol. Why couldn't I have thought of that?

Quoting mybaby77:

With all that it shouldn't be hard to ask him.... Maybe over dinner or just sitting on the couch watching Tv, just say "honey when do you think we can start trying to get pregnant?"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)