• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This may be weird for some?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am a mother of four and would have thought I'd have figured this out by now. I have 9 month old twins whom I am in the process of completely weaning. My first 2 kids I nursed to about 1 year and 14 months. Now the problem I have is I have a dh who just loves my boobs. He particularly loves my nursing boobs! My first two babies whilst nursing he was away with his job most of the time so weaning etc was no problem. This time I have a full time husband at home, works flexible hours and any opportunity he loves to suckle on me. He always has done even before kids! This time it's different as I want my boobs back leak free etc. Feeding two babies is tiring and I know I'm done and certainly don't think I can keep it up until they are about 1yo.. My dh doesn't want me to stop, he does enjoy the taste and I don't mind him suckling, of course I know he is getting milk that doesn't bother me, I just want to be done with it but with his attention on my boobs and his like for the taste of my milk isn't helping with the dry up. The twins are just nursing at bed time now, BUT my husband suckles in the morning before he gets up and quite a bit at bedtime and through love making sessions. I still leak a lot. I don't think this is weird other than he likes the taste of my milk because he has always been this way. His attention on my breast is no more or less than when we first got together, he can be overwhelming, I do enjoy him stimulating my nipples etc and if it wasn't for the milk supply and all that you know I would never want him to give it up. I want my breasts back to 'C' cup and not the current 'DD'. Anyone else's husband do/like this? Help!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momof2grls629
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Wish I could help but my SO wouldn't go near by boobs while I was breastfeeding, lol. He was so freaked out he was even afraid to put any pressure on them thinking that stuff would come out. I guess I would just tell him that you are done breastfeeding and in order for the milk to dry up he is going to have to stop the boobie play for a little while. Maybe offer an alternative instead? Like if he leaves them alone you'll do something else in the bedroom until they dry up? I'm not a very kinky person so I can't come up with anything but use your imagination.

musicpisces
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM

He may derive sexual pleasure from suckling, which isn't uncommon, and if nothing else, it's probably comforting for him.  How is his relationship with his mom?  Also, I'm sure he loves the size of them right now.  Have you two talked about this stuff?

It may take some time after you're done nursing for your breasts to dry up- I stopped nursing 3+ years ago, and DH still gets a mouthful sometimes if he sucks too hard.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

thin.n.thick1
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

DH has always suckled me, ever since my 1st MC I have always leeked. For some reason I produce near as much any given day as I did while DD was nursing. I use them to get DH's attention if he isn't paying attention, blam! In the eye!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Quoting musicpisces:

He may derive sexual pleasure from suckling, which isn't uncommon, and if nothing else, it's probably comforting for him.  How is his relationship with his mom?  Also, I'm sure he loves the size of them right now.  Have you two talked about this stuff?

It may take some time after you're done nursing for your breasts to dry up- I stopped nursing 3+ years ago, and DH still gets a mouthful sometimes if he sucks too hard.

We do talk about this he just says he loves them so much and I know he is getting a great deal of pleasure. I'll say to him that's enough for now! He is happy to get of me! His relationship with him mother is great. She nursed him to well into toddlerhood.

musicpisces
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting musicpisces:

We do talk about this he just says he loves them so much and I know he is getting a great deal of pleasure. I'll say to him that's enough for now! He is happy to get of me! His relationship with him mother is great. She nursed him to well into toddlerhood.

Stand up for yourself if you don't like it or if you want him to stop (or when that time comes).  You don't want to let this build to a boiling point.  =)  But I do think it's a comforting thing for him.  I'm glad he has a good relationship with his mother!  Sometimes that relationship can be a factor, so I was just curious.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM

You are quite right I'll have to be firmer with him. Thanks for the heads up regarding your husband still getting the occasional mouthful 3 yrs on, I don't remember this with my first two but again I never had the extra stimulation then!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Okay after posting this yesterday I had a long heart to heart with my dh. We went back and forth on the breastfeeding issue and have agreed to continue until our twins are a year old which is just over three more months. He fully understands where I'm coming from and I know how much he really enjoys its. We are not sure if we are going to have any more babies so this could be his last opportunity! Looking forward to getting into a sexy little number for his office Christmas party and claiming my boobs back!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)