Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think it's normal...

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 22 Replies
...to develop crushes on people even when in a committed, loving, happy relationship?
I have it bad for someone I see several times a week at school. I'd never act on it. I'm sure he doesn't find me attractive anyway (no one does except for creepy drunk guys) and he's also married. It is just fantasy. But it is extremely distracting and I've never been so drawn to someone else since I have been married.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Define "normal".   Normal is not the same for everyone.  I can say that I beleive that most people have this happen at times.  If you do a little research, usually the crush is a result of that person representing or providing something that gives you a sense of feeling really good about yourself.   A lot of times the crush is a symbol to you that you deserve these feelings, a lot of times if you act on the crush you end up disapointed as the reality of the person never lives up to your mental image/feelings.  Just a few ideas, but I think it happens to a lot of people. 

musicpisces
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Yes, it happens. 

mybaby77
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I sure do think so.... we are human so from time to time we find others attractive, nothing wrong with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Once I found myself extremely attracted to a guy that came into where I worked. He came in regularly. I was at the point where I would only think about him coming in that day. I got goose bumps. Like a stupid high school girl. I am happily married (14yrs now) with kids. I would never stray. So I don't know, I think it happens and it's beyond our control!
Kisaki.
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:57 PM
in my opinion its not normal

but its just me because im too crazy about my husband
and cant even imagine to think someone else is cute.
Kisaki.
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM
by the way u are pretty im sure more mans find u attractive than just creepy drunk dudes!
SareyF
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:49 PM
That's very much how I feel. Like a stupid highschool girl. I think about him inside and outside of class and it is exciting. I feel nervous when he's close to me and when he looks at me.
I feel a little bad about it because I never paid much attention to other people after getting married. I had eyes only for Dh. But this guy...

Quoting Anonymous:

Once I found myself extremely attracted to a guy that came into where I worked. He came in regularly. I was at the point where I would only think about him coming in that day. I got goose bumps. Like a stupid high school girl. I am happily married (14yrs now) with kids. I would never stray. So I don't know, I think it happens and it's beyond our control!
SareyF
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I felt the same way until now. For 10.5 years Dh was the only guy I saw.

Quoting Kisaki.:

in my opinion its not normal

but its just me because im too crazy about my husband

and cant even imagine to think someone else is cute.
SareyF
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Thank you.
If they do, I'm oblivious but maybe...

Quoting Kisaki.:

by the way u are pretty im sure more mans find u attractive than just creepy drunk dudes!
pmsforlife
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I had they hots for this guy in my anatomy class. I ended up failing that class because of his amazing body. (hangs my head in shame)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)