Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he says i dont do anything for him..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My bf told me last nite that i dont do anything for him..such as clean up his mess.laundry. cook.....well wtf i work 40 hours a week too and .
have three teen kids. This started because i started cleaning my side of the garage and didnt clean his first. Whqt shall i do?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
3sun1Angelgrl
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:13 PM
He's a big boy he can do his own that's just my own though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
That was my thought too. He was off for vacation for a week and did not one thing to clean his side of garage which is all his stuff from his brother. Had a two year old fit because i cleaned mine and not his.

Quoting 3sun1Angelgrl:

He's a big boy he can do his own that's just my own though

SareyF
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I do clean after my husband. However, he also cleans up after himself some and he helps me around the house.
Your SO is a big boy. If he wants his part of the garage clean he could do it himself. Setting expectations of you like that isn't fair and leads to disappointment and resentment.
LyTe684
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM
What does HE do for YOU? That is my question?
Momof5kids84
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM
I am guilty. I clean up after my DH. However, I am a SAHM. I feel that my job is to take care of our 6 kids and keep up our home,

I think that you two should split the duties since you both work. Also , your teenagers are old enough to help out and keep their rooms and bathroom clean.
Latina_Star
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Cleaning his side of the garage is a bit much (imo)

PartyGalAnne
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I'd say keep on doing what you're doing. If the kids are teens, they can learn to do their own laundry, dishes, etc, too!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:11 AM
My husband tries to pull the my laundry your laundry crap. When I do the laundry I do it all but he does it and he will only wash his stuff. I did ask they he not wash my work clothes because he put a lace shirt through the washer. Tel him you share the responsibilities around the house and if he wants it done to not expect you to do it.
readyforhim
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

he should pick up after himself, he can ask for your help, but not expect it like that.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)