Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If in an open relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
If you are in an open relationship, have been or have considered it.. Do you want to know beforehand when your partner will be seeing the other person or just that it's is a possibility at any given time? I can see pros and cons to each but wanted to know how others would feel.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2017 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 26, 2017 at 5:10 AM
DH and I are swingers but only play at the same time.
amomanda
by Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this
It is for us more or less ok any given time but the rule is not to neglect each other or our obligations in "real" life.
We do however share information and withhold no secrets. It is no rule to inform beforehand but it is likely to happen in order to lay the puzzle in every day life
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 29, 2017 at 10:17 AM

how do you deal with jealousy?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2017 at 6:49 AM
I can only speak for myself. I am the gf to a man in an open relationship. I knew what I was getting into from the beginning and there is honesty in every aspect of our relationship, good and bad. I'm not jealous because it is an ideal set up for myself and I enjoy his company.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

how do you deal with jealousy?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 1, 2017 at 10:38 AM

We are in a threesome (FMM).  I am too jealous to have another female in the relationship.  I have to be the center of attention.  I love when I can make each of them cum at the same time!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 4, 2017 at 2:01 AM

Been in an open marriage now for 20+ years. 

It's actually pretty rare that either of us gets together with someone else, but usually we let the other know it's a possibility sometime. 

We don't give exact dates to each other most of the time. There's no jealousy in our relationship--otherwise it wouldn't be open and I certainly wouldn't be here. If there's one thing I can't handle, it's a jealous partner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 11:23 AM
It's only an open relationship if ALL parties agree that it's an 'open relationship'
I have seen too many relationships destroyed by a cheater who has claimed "my partner and I are in an open relationship" when they really weren't.
VegetaPrincess
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 5:09 AM
I don't need to know what they're doing but we tell each other if we have plans out of common courtesy. I would worry if he just didn't come home from work one night and he would if I did that as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 9, 2017 at 6:14 AM

I had a boyfriend that once asked me to be in an open relationship; needless to say we are no longer together . I tried it for a little while with hm but it was not for me. I can respect any woman who can be in an open relationship .it takes alott of trust and understanding for your partner that i clearly didn't have. i would say before you agree to be in that kind of relationship the two have to be on the same page in every way.

Angela279
by Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 10:16 AM

I was but it was open only at my end. He was free to persie but didn't 

I ended it because I felt it wasn't fair to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)