• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

period=eating sweets

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 214 Total Views

Ok so I got the flow today and I wIas not as bad as I normally am but I was bad. also i did not work out..Im usually bad for two days but tomorrow I am going to the gym 1st thing..What can I do to not grave sweets during my period?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mommajub
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:09 PM

No idea! Sorry :( I'm pretty bad about sweets and salts when aunt flow is in town. I just make sure to limit myself so I don't go over board, and then try to make it up with working out a little harder.

Also I skip work outs on my heavy days too, they say you'll feel better... but I just can't make myself do it!

CadanceandLyric
by Group Owner on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:54 AM

It seems like every time my cycle come around I ruin the past few weeks of work I had put in to lose weight because I just can't say no! So I understand you. I try to cure my chocolate and sweets craving by having the special k cereal with chocolate in it. It is pretty good and you can feel good about eating it too. I wouldn't eat it all day but it's good while it lasts. I actually was snacking on frosted mini wheat's the other day. I made a portion and put it in a bag and had it dry it was pretty good and enough sweet to make me happy...enough :) Check out this article I found online.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/460961-why-do-i-crave-sweets-during-my-period/

Not.So.Virginal
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I just try to remember that having one or two small sweets is ok, as long as I adjust my diet and I dont eat everything in sight.

Sweets aren't that bad for me, when I have my period I want slim jims.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)