Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Losing weight but my mind keeps telling me I'm huge!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

I weighed in this morning and I was at an almost all time low but whenever I look at myself in the mirror I feel like I am still huge. I saw some old pics of me last night and I know I look no where near the same but how can I get my mind to catch up and acknowledge all the hard work I have been doing is starting to pay off? I was a size 22 or 24 and now I am a size 14 almost 12. I am almost at the 60lbs weight loss mark too! I know I am doing good but my self esteem has really taken a hit the last few years. I know it's not all about what you look like and I'm so much more blessed than I ever knew was possible but I just had to share with you for a minute to see if I'm alone with this problem.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Not.So.Virginal
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:59 PM

I think most people lose weight faster than they lose the effects of being heavier. It's common to still see yourself as the 'fat girl' or something similar. Just consiously tell yourself that you look good and all that until you believe it.

mom_of2_n_twins
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I'm the same way. I actually feel bigger than I did at the old weight but its just b/c your mind takes longer to process the results.

caterpilar
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:32 PM
You are definitely not alone. I feel the same way! I have lost 102lbs and I look at myself sometimes and think I still look morbidly obese. I still worry that people are going to stare at me because I am so huge and I still feel uncomfortable eating in public. I know it's not true but it doesn't change how I feel. I think it just takes time to for your mind to catch up to your body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)