Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The ANONYMOUS feature is coming soon!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi!

I just wanted to let you know that we're going to have the ability to post and reply anonymously on this group soon!

I hope you're enjoying the Moms Confessions group so far:)

Robin

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
karla85
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Oh Man! It would be CRAZY in that group lol

Quoting heathermichelle:

I couldn't even imagine it going to other groups especially Newcomers. I think people would abuse it there

I think its a great idea for this group though :)

Quoting Cafe Robin:

I think it will only be offered at 1st in this group and in the CafeMom Journals group. 

They may extend it to some other groups at some point but I'm not sure... We'll see how it goes - should be fun!

justgg
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM

awesome

petmommydoll
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 10:33 AM

How anonymous is it really?

Will the administration know who posts what?.....My guess is they will, so be careful what you think is anonymous when its really not. Potentially dangerous ground here. I would ask that if this feature is started to please put it in clear language exactly how anonymous the postings are. It would be unfortunate if people got hurt by this. I think its a good idea in theory but in application I don't see how it can work if you dont.

On one hand it can be like road rage and people thinking they are safe behind windshield do things and say things they would do as themselves and confess too much in the way of bashing or  in another it may let people feel safe to say things they would really like to say that are confessions they need to let out. Keeping both things in check by letting people know its only  "semi" anonymous may be best for all. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 29, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Awesome!

arielsmomma1020
by BJ on Sep. 29, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I agree...just how anonymous will it be???

Quoting petmommydoll:

How anonymous is it really?

Will the administration know who posts what?.....My guess is they will, so be careful what you think is anonymous when its really not. Potentially dangerous ground here. I would ask that if this feature is started to please put it in clear language exactly how anonymous the postings are. It would be unfortunate if people got hurt by this. I think its a good idea in theory but in application I don't see how it can work if you dont.

On one hand it can be like road rage and people thinking they are safe behind windshield do things and say things they would do as themselves and confess too much in the way of bashing or  in another it may let people feel safe to say things they would really like to say that are confessions they need to let out. Keeping both things in check by letting people know its only  "semi" anonymous may be best for all. 

wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Any idea how much longer "soon" is?

newfound09
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I asked about it in the redesign group and they told me it would be after they get all the bugs with Beta fixed, so it will probably be a while since EVERYONE and their mother seems to be complaining about it. 

Quoting wakymom:

wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Thanks.

Quoting newfound09:

I asked about it in the redesign group and they told me it would be after they get all the bugs with Beta fixed, so it will probably be a while since EVERYONE and their mother seems to be complaining about it. 

Quoting wakymom:

unknownstar
by on Oct. 12, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Quoting shishie:

That is good!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I lol'd at this old post. So, what do you think now? Has the anonymous feature been a good thing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)